Satan’s Misuse of Psalm 91 Against Coronavirus - Holly

Latest prophecy related news.

Satan’s Misuse of Psalm 91 Against Coronavirus - Holly

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:02 pm

Why can’t believers ‘decree’ Psalm 91 as protection against coronavirus (as I stated in my latest blog post)? One of my readers asked this question. Here’s my answer.

Satan’s Misuse of Psalm 91

We can learn something from Jesus’ response to Satan when Satan tempted him to “claim” Psalm 91 by jumping off the temple (Matt. 4:5-6). Jesus didn’t deny that God promised protection. But he did point out that Satan was misusing Scripture by not taking all of it into account (Matt. 4:7). So, we must follow Jesus’ example and not claim isolated passages of Scripture for ourselves without taking into account what the Bible also teaches us in other places.

So, what do we see when we take all of Scripture into account? We see that God often does deliver his people (for example, Daniel in the lion’s den or the Israelites in the parting of the Red Sea). But we also see that bad things, including illness, still happen to his people (for example, the apostle Paul’s illness referenced in Galatians 4:13). Yet none of these bad things are outside of God’s control

Continues at Spirit of Error
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Satan’s Misuse of Psalm 91 Against Coronavirus - Holly

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 am

Psalms 91:2 ... "My God, in Him I will trust.”

This is the hardest part, understanding what Trust is. And how our understanding of 'Trusting in Him' is in actuality, conceding it is His Will we want done, so we can do it without fear. Of anything. Including the suffering and death of our bodies.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Re: Satan’s Misuse of Psalm 91 Against Coronavirus - Holly

Postby burien1 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Exit40 wrote:Psalms 91:2 ... "My God, in Him I will trust.”

This is the hardest part, understanding what Trust is. And how our understanding of 'Trusting in Him' is in actuality, conceding it is His Will we want done, so we can do it without fear. Of anything. Including the suffering and death of our bodies.

God Bless

David

Amen David. It is all about trust in him, whatever comes.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Return to What you think (About news)