Why does their have to be Tribulation?

Latest prophecy related news.

Why does their have to be Tribulation?

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:20 am

I know that Jesus wants to come back, and I'm glad he's coming back, but why does there have to be Tribulation first? Why can't he just come in peace?

The only reason I can think of right now is, the story of the children of Israel, how they started out as a nation... Why did they have to be slaves in Egypt for so many years before Moses came to lead them? It doesn't seem fair, or that they did anything to deserve it, yet they had to suffer for a period of time before God would reveal his glory to them.

And then when Moses came along, it was this whole process of "Let my people Go"...

And doesn't that remind us of what the Bible says the last days will be like?

The Antichrist will have power, but the two witnesses will also have the power of God, bringing plagues on the whole earth, because he will refuse to "let my people go"

Any thoughts?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Re: Why does their have to be Tribulation?

Postby Jericho on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:37 am

I would say there are several reasons why there has to be a tribulation. The two primary reasons are to judge a Christ rejecting world that has become utterly corrupt and wicked, and to position the Jews into such a place that they will come to know God again and accept Jesus as their Messiah. The second appears to be a precondition for Christ's return. There may be secondary reasons such as fulfilling prophecy and making Himself known to the people of earth.

Ultimately, it is about defeating Satan and those who have aligned with him. The tribulation is a transitional period from our present age to the Millennial Kingdom. Throughout the period there will be a process of separating the wheat from the chaff or the sheep from the goats. There will be a clear division between who are for God and those who are not. Those that are against God, the ones that take the Mark of the AC, will have to be removed before God will usher in His Kingdom on earth.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Jericho wrote:I would say there are several reasons why there has to be a tribulation. The two primary reasons are to judge a Christ rejecting world that has become utterly corrupt and wicked, and to position the Jews into such a place that they will come to know God again and accept Jesus as their Messiah. The second appears to be a precondition for Christ's return. There may be secondary reasons such as fulfilling prophecy and making Himself known to the people of earth.

Ultimately, it is about defeating Satan and those who have aligned with him. The tribulation is a transitional period from our present age to the Millennial Kingdom. Throughout the period there will be a process of separating the wheat from the chaff or the sheep from the goats. There will be a clear division between who are for God and those who are not. Those that are against God, the ones that take the Mark of the AC, will have to be removed before God will usher in His Kingdom on earth.

I disagree with this understanding of the Millennium Age.

In Daniel 2, God clearly indicates that during the time of the kings that are the feet of the statue, that He will establish His Ever Lasting Kingdom on the earth and that at the same time the foundational truth, the "rock," that "Jesus is the Son of God," that Peter proclaimed up on the mountain with Jesus, will then become the biggest "religion/mountain" on the earth visible everywhere on the earth.

The Millennium Age is the Summer Harvest Season for the Earth which Christ foretold in Matt 24:32 and that it would begin after the passing of the Spring season, a little longer than 91 years after we first see the Fig Tree, i.e. the Nation of Israel, begin to come back to life after being dormant for a declared prophesied period of around 2,000 years. Hosea 6:1-3 declares this. At the beginning of the Millennium Age, we have the judgement of the kings of the earth taking place after which all of Israel will be saved and will once more enter into a renewed kingdom of Priests, a holy Nation and God's possession among the nations Covenant and for 1,000 or so years they will do this opposed by Satan's good and faithful servants who attempt to oppress the people of the earth so that they are distracted from God's grace towards all the people of the earth.

We are entering a period of time where the harvest of souls will be plentiful before the final little while when Satan and his heavenly host friends will be released and will attempt to change the outcome for the whole earth. But this time of the Great Tribulation is for a time in our distant future.

Shalom

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Jericho wrote:I would say there are several reasons why there has to be a tribulation. The two primary reasons are to judge a Christ rejecting world that has become utterly corrupt and wicked, and to position the Jews into such a place that they will come to know God again and accept Jesus as their Messiah. The second appears to be a precondition for Christ's return. There may be secondary reasons such as fulfilling prophecy and making Himself known to the people of earth.

Lot of Good reasons mentioned and i agree, but i would put a reason you have chosen as a secondary reason as the primary reason...that is....

..................such as fulfilling prophecy and making Himself known to the people of earth.

Just as Christ's Ministry was to "Confirm the Promises made to the Fathers" so The Saints Ministry will be to BE CONFIRMED as Children OF THAT Promise
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby aaron on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Good question! I wish it could be a peaceful transition to the reign of Christ.

But because there is a great tribulation period, IMHO God gives the unbelieving world a chance to believe.
He accomplishes this chance through judgements that gradually increase in intensity.

While some will repent and believe, some will not, hence this verse from Revelation 9:21:

“and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries (drugs, intoxications) nor of their [sexual] immorality nor of their thefts.” AMP

I think this verse sums up what’s going on in our world today, and hopefully the Lord returns soon.

Lord knows I’m ready. :)
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby Ready1 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 pm

I agree with Jericho and disagree with Jay. In fact, well stated Jericho. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:48 pm

Ready1 wrote:I agree with Jericho and disagree with Jay. In fact, well stated Jericho. :grin:

Thanks Ready 1 for indicating that you have read what I had written. Because I do not come from a ?????-trib perspective, I understand why you are having difficulty in comprehending what I have previously written because we all look at scripture through the rose coloured glasses that we have fashioned to be secure in what we have come to believe.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Ready1 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:10 pm

Thanks Ready 1 for indicating that you have read what I had written.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

I read what you write.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Return to What you think (About news)