Syria Winds up Planning for Campaign of Terror on Golan

Latest prophecy related news.

Syria Winds up Planning for Campaign of Terror on Golan

Postby Final Trumpet on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:32 pm

On June 26, Syria opened the Damascus-Golan road to Quneitra to civilian traffic for the first time since the Six-Day War of 1967. No announcement was made. The dozens of military roadblocks studding the 60 km high road connecting the capital with the Syrian part of Golan for 40 years were removed, except for two – one at the entrance to Qunetra from the Syrian end and one at the town’s exit to Israeli Golan. DEBKA-Net-Weekly’s military sources report that this measure went mostly unnoticed, although it made Israeli military intelligence sit up.

Until this week, civilian traffic heading towards Syria’s Golan border with Israel was discouraged by the government in Damascus; a traveler needed eight different pieces of paper and endless waits to get past the military roadblocks. All of a sudden, the powers-that-be in the Syrian capital decided to allow civilians free passage to Golan meaning preparations are complete for the launch of a cross-border campaign of terror in the Israel sector of the territory. Such a campaign could quickly escalate into a full-scale war.

More
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby perigrini on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:23 am

I've looked for a news link all day and haven't seen one, but I'll pass on what I've been told.

The woman who runs the deli at work is a Lebanese Christian and still has family (including a son and mother) in Lebanon.

This morning she was on the phone as I walked in and hung up shortly after. She told me she'd just been told that Syrian military were 10 miles into Lebanon. She said her mother, when asked, always says things will be ok...this time she responded that she didn't know what was going to happen. Of course that just gets to the mood of one woman, but it's likely to reflect that of many Lebanese.

She has 2 more children that already have their tickets purchased to visit Lebanon and are worried about their travel plans.

Anyway, I wonder how long it'll be before the media reports the Syrian incursion in Lebanon.

perigrini
perigrini

Postby farmer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:27 am

double post
Last edited by farmer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
farmer

Postby farmer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:28 am

double post
Last edited by farmer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
farmer

Postby farmer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 am

"Did Syria invade Lebanon ?
Thursday, 5 July, 2007 @ 4:56 PM

Beirut- Syrian troops on Thursday reportedly have penetrated three kilometers into the Lebanese territories, taking up positions in the mountains near Yanta in the Rashayya province , in east Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.

The daily Al Mustaqbal, citing sources who confirmed the cross-border penetration, did not say when the procedure in the Fahs Hill overlooking Deir al-Ashaer in the Rashaya province took place.

The sources said Syrian troops, backed by bulldozers, were fortifying positions "in more than one area" along the Lebanese border, erecting earth mounds and digging "hundreds" of trenches and individual bunkers.

According to Ahmed Yasseen , a local analyst, it is expected that the Lebanese government will raise hell about Syrian incursion into Lebanon and most certainly will go to the UN security council and submit an official complaint , which will most certainly call for immediate withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon.

Syria occupied Lebanon for nearly 3 decades but pulled out its troops in April 2005 after a huge demonstration of the Cedar revolution and international pressure led by the US and France, following the assassination of former prime minister Rafik Hariri . Syria was blamed for the assassination but it denied any responsibility

Other developments

Syria on Wednesday reopened the Joussia-Qaa border post with Lebanon, but two crossings stayed closed.

Syria's state news agency SANA had said the closure of Jussia-Qaa on June 20 would stay in place "until calm has returned to northern Lebanon," where the Lebanese army has been locked in gun-battles with militants from Fatah al-Islam.

On May 20, at the outbreak of the clashes in Lebanon that have eased in the past week, Damascus shut two other border posts, at Arida and Dabussiya, keeping in place the main Masnaa crossing on the Beirut-Damascus highway.

There was no immediate confirmation from Damascus of the reopening of the Jussia border post linking Syria to eastern Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.

Lebanon's anti-Syrian majority charges that Fatah al-Islam have links to Syrian intelligence, an allegation denied by Damascus.

Picture: The Cedar Revolution protest on March 14, 2005 called on Syria to withdraw from Lebanon. Over 1 million Lebanese participated in the largest protest in Lebanon's history

Sources: Naharnet, Ya Libnan"

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2007/ ... _invad.php
farmer

Postby perigrini on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:38 am

Thanks Farmer!

So her information was rooted in fact. She said they were 10 miles into Lebanon, so it's possible the news report isn't complete...but it is some confirmation.

Her family is located north of Beirut in a 100% Christian area she said.

perigrini
perigrini

Postby Tevye on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:26 am

I looks like Syria (the king(dom) of the north)
is moving into the north of Israel
with hopes that they can
more easily invade Israel
on two fronts.

Lebanon and the Golan.

Maybe.

And with the help of Iran behind them
Syria may just be partly successful
this time.

Syria may just be doing the dirty work
for a future Iranian invasion of Israel.

:thinking:

That is if some veiws about
the final beast empire actually
materialize.

i.e......
The Beast will be a return of a former king (kingdom)
from BEFORE the lifetime of the Apostle John.
Possibly a return of A.E. IV (Jerusalem's original abominator).
(the king of the north)

The beast who once was, (before the Apostle John)
and now is not, (in John's lifetime?)
is an eighth king.
He belongs to the seven
and is going to his destruction.

Revelation 17:11

Now, brothers,
about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
for you know very well
that the day of the Lord (not the tribulation)
will come like a thief in the night. ......

While people are saying,
"Peace and safety,"
destruction will come on them suddenly,
as labor pains on a pregnant woman,
and they will not escape.

1 Thessalonians 5:3

...and they will not escape.

And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever,
who created the heavens and all that is in them,
the earth and all that is in it,
and the sea and all that is in it,
and said,
"There will be no more delay!

Revelation 10:6

p.s. ........

But you, brothers,
are not in darkness
so that this day should surprise you
like a thief.

You are all sons of the light
and sons of the day.
We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-5
Tevye

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:37 am

This should be interesting.
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Mttw633 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:03 am

:eek: :praying:
Mttw633

Postby Sherree on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:13 am

:snack:
Sherree

Sherree

Postby DALLAS on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Xxx
Last edited by DALLAS on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DALLAS

Postby sherrimae on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:07 pm

I think we need to keep a close eye on this situation every day now.
sherrimae

Postby aaron on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:16 pm

I think we need to keep a close eye on this situation every day now.

I agree with Sherrimae, the fuse is getting shorter, peace deals are everywhere and so are threats to wipe Israel off the map. Sometimes I just close my eyes and imagine the sound of a trumpet blast and I twinkle my eyes. :)
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby biscotti on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm

And the UN in Lebanon? Once again they prove their complicity in evil.
biscotti

Postby AChildsHeart on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:29 pm

I wish I could find one of those cute little smiley emoticons ....

bending over kissing its little round bum goodbye and waving a flag titled: Damascus!

:roll: :mrgreen: :wink: :roll:

Kimberly
AChildsHeart
Supporting Member

Return to What you think (About news)