Transcript of Herb’s 2005 DVD, “Stayed Tuned”
1) It’s a tough act to follow Constance, but we’ll see what we can do. You know, Bible prophecy has been important to me because I had doubts when I was young. I grew up in a Christian home and I had doubts. I had the doubts that young people have when they are “born in the faith,” in a sense, but you know, God has no grandchildren. We all have to be born again. And I had those questions that, of all the religions in the world, how is it that I happened to be born into the right one? So I had these doubts, and when I went to high school, in the science books, they showed the pictures of the evolution of man. I remember sitting there and looking at these various stages of the evolution of man and thinking to myself, “if this is true, the Bible is a lie.” I was going to school. My parents sent me to school. It’s expected to go to school, and the school that we’re told to go to, to learn from, is telling us this. So, who’s right? Is science right, or is this faith that people, I thought, forced themselves to believe in, is that right? And so I had serious doubts.
And, of course, then when the sixties came along, you had all this experimentation and you had a serious look at the Eastern religions and these various things that occurred. And I was pretty much into that. There was a mystery thing there. There was something happening. There was something happening in the streets. There was a search that was occurring. I was a part of that search. I was curious. I had this wonder to me about what’s occurring. Through this all, things went downward for me. I ended up dropping out of school and running with the wrong crowd. I ended up pretty much coming to the end of myself and faced with myself. I came to the point where, because of the things that I’d seen, some things I saw in the sixties, I came to the point where I had no trouble believing anymore that the devil existed. And because I believed the devil existed, I assumed God existed. I only had one problem. How do you get from point a, the devil exists, to point b, where God is? How do I get from where I am, to where God is? After all, I didn’t really believe the Bible literally.
Until my sister brought me a book, Hal Lindsey’s, The Late Great Planet Earth
. And I read that book. And I didn’t agree with everything I read in the book. I didn’t have to, what I noticed was something big. I noticed that Hal Lindsey was talking about geo-political realities. Really big issues. We’re talking about big things, not little things. We’re talking about the return of Israel. We’re talking about the revival of the Roman Empire. We’re talking about things that I can see, that are in the Bible, that are in the world. And I became convinced that the Bible must be true. Because what I saw was the rebirth of Israel. It was foretold by the prophets. And I saw the Roman Empire coming back in the European Community, at that time. And so, it was through Bible prophecy that I started trusting in the Bible as the Word of God. And through that, I experienced the salvation that is in Jesus Christ. And that started a long interest for me in Bible prophecy.
When I went into the work force, I continued wanting to serve, somehow, the Lord. In time, I ended up writing newspaper columns. I was wanting to bear fruit for Christ. Jesus said, “if you keep my words,” or “my words abide in you, ask me anything, ask me anything and I’ll do it that you’ll bear fruit, and so you prove to be my disciples.” I’m paraphrasing. It’s in John. But I took that literally. Here I was in the insurance business. I was hired to bear fruit for this company I worked for. I was thinking, as a Christian, that’s what we’re to do. Christ has hired us, called us, to bear fruit for Him. And then He’s given us a blank check. Just like in the insurance company. I had binding authority for the company. I could bind a risk for this insurance company. I could tell somebody they were covered and they were covered. Christ has given us this authority. Christ has given us binding authority. He’s given us authority and power and promises. Blank checks. What is it we need to bear fruit? What is it we need? “Ask, so you can prove to be my disciple.”
Ultimately, that’s where all this came from. That’s where my columns came from, my newspaper columns. That’s where Constance’s call came from. That’s where I believe my book came from and my website, www.fulfilledprophecy.com
. And I’m going to share with you now, what I have.
(pic, Herb and Constance at table)
(End of Herb’s Testimony)
2) The Quartet, as you know, is the European Union, the United States, the United Nations and Russia, coming together to bring peace to the Middle East. On the internet, they call it the Quartet. Here you have the Quartet meeting just in September, last month, and you’ll notice what’s on the wall behind them. Friends, I believe the writing is on the wall. It’s the 60th anniversary of the Security Council sessions and so they put a six and a zero, on the globe. And they just happened to put three of them on the wall behind them. And what’s significant about this, it’s not just the number 666, or the international community. It’s that it has to do with the nation Israel. It has to do, if you look in Revelation, Chapter 13, you see a beast with ten horns coming up out of the sea. And at the end of chapter 13, it says, “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast for it is the number of a man, and that number is six hundred sixty-six.” So, what we’re talking about, again, is a geo-political reality of the international community forcing a peace on Israel. And, now again, associated with the number 666.
(pic., Quartet, 9/20/05, “Writing on the wall”)
3) What I’ve tried to do, you all remember if you’re my age, Sergeant Joe Friday. Dragnet. And he’d be talking to a woman, a lady, or a gal, or someone, or somebody, that would get carried away with the subject matter. And he would interrupt her, or him, and say, “Just the facts, ma’am. Just the facts.” And really, that’s what I’m trying to do up here, right now. I like to consider myself an end times investigative reporter. When I was a columnist, I enjoyed prophecy. And when you right a book, you have to document what you write. You have to have footnotes. So I was careful to be able to document what I wrote and try to keep my own speculations out of the picture. And you know, God has given us certain facts.
(pic., Dragnet, “Just the facts, ma’am”)
4) Like I say, I like to consider myself an end times reporter. Just the facts, friends. Yeah, it’s the same picture that I talked about before.
(pic., End Time Reporter)
5) Before I published my book, I drew this up. And if you’ve read my book, you know I talked about what I call prophetic road signs. In other words, there are, in Bible prophecy, there are some road signs that have been given to us. Events that have occurred that no one will deny that they’ve occurred. Historic events. Historic events that happen to be fulfilled in Bible prophecy. Then, of course, we have details in prophecy. Look at the Book of Revelation. We have a lot of difficult things to understand. And, I don’t think we should spend a lot of attention on these side issues. I mean, we read about them, we study them. But we need to look at the road signs. We need to look at the things that have happened, that are historic events and have been fulfilled in scripture. And if we keep our eyes on these road signs, then we can fill in the gaps. But those road signs help us to stay on the right course. And, if you notice what I wrote here is, you notice on the left that there it says, “Israel is reborn in 1948.” That was the first major road sign of end times Bible prophecy. The prophecies could not be fulfilled, in Daniel, until Israel was reborn. Nothing could happen until Israel was reborn.
And when you hear someone say, “Oh, it’s always been like that, people have always said that the time of the end was here.” But wait a minute. How could it be here, and Israel not be here? Now many people say, and it was mentioned earlier, how, like Peter said and the early disciples said, “The end is at hand.” Well, why could they say that back then? The reason is, because at the time, Israel existed. Not only that, Rome existed. So, it just stands to reason that they thought the rest of the prophecies were going to be fulfilled. It just stands to reason, when you think about it. I mean, if we lived back then, with Israel there, Rome there, wouldn’t you think that the next thing would be the ten kings, and the antichrist? And so, they assumed it was about to happen. Of course, Israel ceased to exist in 70 A.D. And so, because of that, you find all kinds of different ideas on how the prophecies are going to be fulfilled, “Well, of course, it can’t be literal, Israel doesn’t exist.” And so, we have all these other ways of looking at Bible prophecy that ensued.
And that is what is so significant about 1948. When Israel was reborn as a nation in 1948, that just silenced, I believe, all the other ways of looking at prophecy. My opinion. And brought us back. Now we can say, literally, that the prophecies will be fulfilled just like they were written.
In 1950, a man, the Schumann Declaration, a Frenchman, by the name of Robert Schumann, issued the Schumann Declaration, which is, today, considered by many the beginning of the modern European Union, or the revival of the Roman Empire. Interesting how it happened just after Israel was reborn.
Think about prophecy in Revelation, Chapter 12, “A great sign appeared, a woman clothed with the sun, the moon and the stars.” And then another sign, a dragon. See, that’s the way it is. Look all through the Bible. Isn’t that what it’s about? God’s nation. And Satan’s nations, working through the gentile nations against God’s nation. The heads of the dragon. Isn’t that the way it’s always been? When God starts to work with His people, Satan comes up on the scene. The moment Israel was reborn, the Roman Empire, the head of the dragon, appears. Another great sign. We have these great signs in our lifetime. All right. First then, we had the Six-Day War. Israel recovered the Temple Mount, East Jerusalem. I believe that is a prophetic road sign.
(pic., Prophetic Road Signs)
6) Another one that I think has been overlooked, that I talked about in my book, is an election that occurred in 1992, when Rabin, Yitzhak Rabin, was elected Prime Minister of Israel. I believe Israel started saying, “peace and safety.” The people of Israel gave up on the conservative, “Not negotiating with Arabs (stance).” And they became so desperate they decided, “Okay, we’re going to start trading land for peace.” And I believe the historic moment in history is that election, right there. When the Israeli people started doing that, it was a shift in Israel, their foreign policy. And then in 1995, another interesting thing happened. The Western European Union (WEU) became ten nations. Now wait a minute. We have the one great sign of Israel returning. What’s to happen next? The dragon, the Revived Roman Empire. What’s to happen next? The ten nations. It happened. Now, what’s to happen next?
We should expect someone to come up among those ten nations. Some kind of office to be created. That happened. Constance talked about it. The first Mr. Europe appeared in 1999.
Interestingly, of course, then we have the collapse of the American peace process. That’s when the Intifada started in September of 2000. That’s going to be interesting. We’ll be getting into that.
And then, we have this Mr. Europe given emergency powers and it is done with the document that has the number 666. The number of his power. The number of his name. So people would say, “The number of his name.” It can also mean authority, the number of his authority. Constance brought up, there’s another document, when his office was created, where his authority, whoever occupies this office, will have the authority of the multiple European Union nations. The number of his authority. It’s scary to think of it that way, but it is a possibility.
(pic., close-up of Road Signs)
7) Just so you know where I’m coming from, I’m not a Bible scholar. I don’t claim to be. I’m not introducing some new way to interpret prophecy. I’m just like you. I was raised with various views on prophecy. Perhaps this is one of the books that has molded me the most, Clarence Larkin. And it wasn’t just me. This book was published in 1918 and behind many of your Bible prophecy people today, like Hal Lindsey, probably Tim La Haye, many of them, you are going to see them quoting the work of this man, Clarence Larkin, that goes back to 1918. Dispensational Truth
, is what it is called.
(pic., Dispensational Truth
, Larkin, 1918)
8) So I’m not, the reason I point this out is, I’m not out in some new way to interpret the Bible and prophecy. Wilmington’s Guide to the Bible
. Then you have J. Dwight Pentecost, past president of Dallas Theological Seminary. And then you have John Walvoord, another past president of Dallas Theological Seminary. They are all building a lot on Clarence Larkin. And I’ve been a studier of these people.
(pic., books by Wilmington and Pentecost)
9) And then, of course, you have what made this all popular. Hal Lindsey’s, The Late Great Planet Earth
. That was published in 1969. This was the book that really, for a lot of us, really got us started in Bible prophecy and like I shared with you, this is the one that overcame the hurdles that I had about believing the Bible.
(pic., The Late Great Planet Earth
10) This book was republished and republished and republished. Number one best seller on the New York list and now it’s considered a Christian classic. That’s how big that book got.
(pic., 3 copies of The Late Great Planet Earth
11) Hal Lindsey wrote something interesting, World Net Daily, in his commentary. He titled it “Late Great Planet Earth Revisited.” This was on December 16, 2004. What was he talking about?
(pic., "Late Great Planet Earth Revisited")
12) He was talking about the information that is in my book, what I focus on in my book. And finally, this information started getting out. Hal Lindsey talked about the ten nations, the Western European Union (WEU), Recommendation 666, and Javier Solana. So, when Hal Lindsey started talking about this, it brought a lot of credibility to my website. A lot of hits to my website.
(pic., Recommendation 666
, Herb's book)
13) Here’s another number one best seller, that has helped me a lot. I don’t know if you guys know this person, her name is Constance Cumbey. She wrote a number one best seller. I heard she was here tonight. This book, last I know, it is still selling. It was published in what, 1983. That thing is still selling. How many books do you know that were published in 1983 that are still selling? This lady is sitting here, right now. (Applause)
(pic., The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow
14) This is basically the way I was trying to report the facts, at www.fulfilledprophecy.com
. And you notice on the top right. It says, “Read Herb’s book here.” I put my book up for free. I couldn’t get people to buy it so I just put it up for free.
15) Here you have Constance Cumbey’s blogspot, up there. And I decided to use her name to make me look good. That blogspot has really taken off.
(pic., FP website, w/link to Constance Cumbey’s website)
16) Here is the blogspot. You notice, though, what it says where the arrow is? “You might not have permission, the credentials you supplied.” So, I guess she doesn’t want me to go there. But I thought I would show that to you. (Laughter)
(pic., Constance Cumbey’s website)
17) Here is basically the foundation to the approach that I have and many of these people that I’ve talked about, Walvoord, Dallas Theological Seminary. Basically, you can encapsulate all the prophecies in the dream that a king by the name of Nebuchadnezzar had -- if I can say his name -- found in Daniel, Chapter 2. This guy was lying on his bed, thinking about the future, and God gave him dreams. So God was interested in Babylon’s foreign policy here, and politics. He was giving this king dreams. But he can’t understand what he dreams. And, of course, the Prophet Daniel, God gives Daniel the dream so he can interpret it to this king. What the king saw was this image. It was a great image. It looked like a statue and it had a head of gold; it had arms and chest of silver; it had a waist and belly of brass; it had legs of iron; and feet and toes, of iron and clay.
And as you read in chapter 2 of Daniel, it’s interpreted for us. We find that Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon represented the head of gold. And after him would come another kingdom, inferior, the Medo-Persian Kingdom. Then after that, you would have Greece, the Kingdom of Greece. Then after that you would have, it turns out, the Roman Empire. Of course, that hadn’t happened yet. Again, this was done at the time of Babylon. But now we look back at history and that’s what we have.
What’s more profound, how about the feet of iron and clay? Mixture of iron and clay. Some weak and some strong. Some brittle. Bound together by the seed of men. But they will not adhere to each other. Isn’t that what we have in the European Union? They couldn’t even get their Constitution passed. Constance brings that out a lot. They will not adhere to each other. Constance constantly would tell me about, say that, on the phone, about the Constitution. They won’t adhere to each other. They haven’t, have they? They refuse to adhere to each other but they are still bound together by the seed of men. What does that mean? Their common heritage. They will tell you this over and over again in their speeches, the leaders of Europe, “It’s our common heritage that brings us together.” The seed of men. How did the Bible know that? I don’t understand how the Bible knew that.
(pic., Nebuchadnezzar’s dream and statue, Daniel, Chapter 2)
18) The Prophet Daniel, later, he had his own vision of the future. But God showed Daniel the vision of the future a little differently than he showed the pagan king. Instead of showing a beautiful image of a statue, he showed wild beasts coming up out of the sea. So, evidently, God sees governments like beasts. Things that need to be kept restrained. There is great wisdom in this. And what Daniel saw was four beasts coming up out of the sea.
And, of course, the first was Babylon, then Medo-Persia, then Greece, then Rome. Now, Rome, we know now, there’s only going to be four world empires that are going to arise. We also know this has to do with Israel. Prophecy, Bible prophecy, has to do with the nation Israel. God picked a people to reveal himself through. It’s not that they are extra special, or anything like that, fortunately. Otherwise, why would He ever pick us? But God, for His choice, for His reasons. We don’t know why. In His wisdom, He picked the people, the Hebrew people, the Jews, the children of Israel. And He declared, from ancient times through this people, “I’m going to reveal myself to the world.” And that’s what He is doing. Now, we can argue with it. We can say, “That’s not politically right.” We can do all we want with it. Doesn’t matter. It’s in our face. God is revealing Himself through Israel and the geo-political realities surrounding Israel.
And the fourth beast, Daniel describes this way, “A fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying, and extremely strong, and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet.” It’s talking about the remainder of the other kingdoms. The Roman Empire did that. And it was different from all the beasts that were before it. The Roman Empire was, and specifically, the European Union is. They love to tell you that, “This is different from anything the world has ever seen before, the European Union. There’s never been anything on earth like it before, ever.” “And it had ten horns.” So, this beast has power. This beast comes up, has horns, it has power. The European Union has a military wing called the Western European Union (WEU). Ten nations. Members of NATO.
(pic., Daniel’s night vision, Daniel 7:7)
19) “While I was contemplating the horns, behold another horn, a little one, came up among them and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it.” Ouch. In another place, it says “subdued.” It says three kings are subdued. What’s fascinating about the Book of Daniel, is not only are we given prophecies and these strange creatures, but God, Himself, interprets it later. An angel comes and we have the interpretation. So now we can use this interpretation of these images. And we can use what we learn from that to interpret the Book of Revelation and the things that follow. God gave us the keys. Prophecy is not as difficult as, it’s difficult, no, it is difficult, it’s for those who study, and who read and pray, but it’s not too difficult. It’s like anything you learn in school. If you build your foundation, you have the keys. God gave us that. Because God gave us the interpretation to these things, we have no business not being able to interpret what comes. Why? Because God, in Daniel, gave us the interpretations of the Book of Revelation, as meant to be interpreted by understanding the Book of Daniel.
(pic., Daniel’s night vision, Daniel 7:8)
20) What’s this guy going to do? “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week.” In another place, it says -- this is the New American Standard translation -- another place, it says, “He will confirm a covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week, he will put a stop to the sacrifice and grain offerings.” Does that mean that the temple is going to be rebuilt? “And on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until the complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.” It is my personal view the entire end time scenario is in this one verse. Jesus refers to the verse when the disciples ask Jesus -- He said the temple is going to be destroyed and not one stone be left on another -- and they ask Him, “When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming?” And He said, “When you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the Prophet Daniel.” He was referring to this verse. This is the verse Jesus, Himself, is referring to. It’s an important verse. Again, you see a seven-year time period. It’s called the 70th week of Daniel. In another place we learn, in the middle of this seven-year period, there’s going to be a disruption of the sacrifice and grain offerings. So it only has to do with Israel. It has to do with the temple. And then we know a destruction is going to come.
(pic., A covenant with many, Daniel 9:27)
21) This isn’t taught this way, much. But I think it’s a mistake not to, it’s just my personal opinion. Revelation, Chapter 12, “And a great sign appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of twelve stars.” In my opinion, this is a reference to the appearance of Israel. And to be real specific, it’s not just national Israel, by itself. It’s also, we’re talking here about the “bleeding remnant” of national Israel. It’s a mistake to look at just the Jewish people and their nation and recognize them as God’s people, but then start thinking that they are right with God. They aren’t, unless they accept Christ as their Messiah. They are saved the same way we are and we are saved the same way they are, it’s through bowing our knee to our Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other way.
(pic., Our first great sign, Rev. 12:1)
22) Israel was reborn in 1948. Our first great sign. What happened next?
(pic., Israel’s flag, 1948)
23) Our second sign. “And another sign appeared in heaven, and behold, a great, red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns and on his head were seven diadems, or crowns.” The Revived Roman Empire, or the European Union. It has come on the scene. The sequence is there.
(pic., Our second great sign, Rev. 12:3)
24) I couldn’t help but put the picture of that little girl up. That’s when the European Union became 25 nations and I caught that picture and I thought, that’s how I am, that’s how all of us are, just in wonder, “What’s going, what’s going on here, how’s it going to affect me? How’s it going to affect us?” You can just see it in her eyes.
(pic., little girl, Revived Roman Empire)
25) Here’s your Roman Empire as it was in its heyday. You notice how it covers the upper part of Africa. All around. The Mediterranean Sea was a Roman sea. So that’s what we’re to be expecting with the revival of the Roman Empire.
(pic., map of the Roman Empire)
26) Charlemagne, of course, was the first successful, almost, attempt at reviving the Roman Empire. And in Europe today they give an award to the European who has done the most to revive the Roman Empire. It’s called the Charlemagne Prize, or the Charlemagne Award. And it’s to be given to the European, like I say, that does the most to revive the Roman Empire.
27) Here we have the man who received the Charlemagne Award in June of 2000, President Bill Clinton. Why was he given the Charlemagne Award? That’s what we’re going to be showing here, because he did do a lot. And that’s what Constance was talking about. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve always kind of liked Bill Clinton. I shouldn’t, I guess, but I always have. And it’s not him, either. It’s like Constance brought out. She showed how the Republicans are being snookered the same way. I’ll be showing you this. Both the Republican and Democrats are being snookered, very much, by a man by the name of Javier Solana, right now.
(pic., Pres. Clinton)
28) Here’s the European Union, their flag.
(pic., EU flag)
29) This is the map, as it is right now. It doesn’t cover, yet, the Mediterranean but they are working on it. It’s called the European Neighbourhood Policy.
(pic., yellow and blue map of Europe)
30) The European Neighbourhood is the dream of a man, by the name of Javier Solana, to extend the benefits of the European Union to non-European Union member states. Specifically, the Mediterranean nations, including Israel and the Palestinian Authority. It includes action plans and Israel was the first nation to sign its action plan, under the European Neighbourhood Policy. You wonder, “What’s going on behind the peace process? Why is Sharon doing what he is doing? Why are the Palestinians, and the Arabs, suddenly trying to get in line?” Because, this is a big pie. Everybody wants a part of this pie. This is Javier Solana’s way. In American, we have hard power. We use our military machine to establish security and peace. The European Union doesn’t have that. What do they have? It’s called euros. It’s money. They are buying their security. They are offering this big pie. This lucrative market. Israel’s biggest trading partner already is Europe.
(pic., Including the 17 nations in the European Neighbourhood Policy)
31) But where are the ten horns?
32) In 1995, as we’ve been saying, when Greece became a full member of the Western European Union (WEU), the Western European Union became an alliance of ten nations.
33) These are the ten nations, right here. You have Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom.
(pic., ten-member states)
34) Are these the ten horns? If so, where is the little horn? When I saw these nations, I started looking.
(pic., former w/overlay, Where is the little horn?)
35) On November 19, 1999, a man by the name of Javier Solana was appointed Secretary-General of the Western European Union. (Laughter) Why do you guys laugh? This is serious stuff guys. I don’t see anything funny about this. Oh, what’s he saying here? Got any horn polish? Who put that there. Constance, did you get in this?
(pic., Dr. Javier Solana Madariaga)
36) He was also appointed Secretary-General of the Council of Europe. And High Representative of the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the European Union. In other words, this guy donned three hats. Three powerful hats at one time.
(pic., multiple of Dr. Solana)
37) Here you see him sitting right next to Colin Powell. Again, he’s coming in right under the radar of most people in the United States.
(pic., Dr. Solana at table with Colin Powell and others)
38) Here’s the Justus Lipsius Building. Here you have a clown on the bottom acting like he has four arms. But that’s the building that, in Brussels, that Javier Solana resides in when he is not traveling, which is very rarely.
39) Here’s the Council of the European Union. Here’s the center of power of Europe and possibly, the New World Order.
(pic., Council of the European Union)
40) Who holds the reins of power in Europe? The politics in Europe is extremely confusing.
(pic., Guardian Unlimited news article, “Who Holds the Reins of Power in Europe”)
41) The Council holds the power of Europe, according to this analysis by The Guardian. “Power resides with the Council of Ministers.” That’s where Javier Solana is Secretary-General, and he’s been Secretary-General since 1999. You notice how politicians come and go? Presidents of the European Union come and go. This dude is still there this whole time. That’s where the power resides.
(pic., news article w/overlay, power rests with the Council of Ministers)
42) Here’s a fascinating picture of a press conference in Brussels. Notice how he’s posed, exactly. The European Union’s symbol is twelve stars. You notice how the flag and his head is posed to cover two of them with ten left over. That picture has always fascinated me. Here you have a picture of the heads of Europe going to sign the Constitution of Rome. The recent constitution that was not ratified. Look at the man that is leading them, in the forefront. Nobody has heard of this man. The rest of these people are heads of state. He’s out front, leading them.
[pic., Dr. Solana (left), and heads of Europe led by Dr. Solana (right)]
43) Here is the signing of the Constitution of Rome. In the background, is there sound on this Constance? Can you turn the sound on? (music, “Ode to Joy” by Beethoven) They have an anthem.
(pic., Signing of the Constitution of Rome)
44) The U.S. was very concerned about this Constitution of Rome. For one reason, it created a new foreign minister. It gave tremendous power to this foreign minister. This foreign minister’s power would rival the European Union presidency and it concerned the U.S. government, as it rightly should.
(pic., news article w/overlay, U.S. concerns over Constitution)
45) In the meantime, Javier Solana was chomping at the bit to get that post early because even if the new Constitution were ratified, the new foreign ministry post wouldn’t begin until 2009. But in the meantime, things needed to be done. We’ve got serious problems. We’ve got a war against terror. We’ve got the Middle East crisis. So Solana pushed to have the EU foreign ministry post to be implemented early and started. And that in the background, even though the Constitution was never ratified. All of the elements of the Constitution that had to do with Javier Solana went forward. There was a report, recently, an analysis, where there was an investigation on it. And sure enough, every item in the Constitution that had to do with Javier Solana, including his foreign ministry, was continuing, being implemented, even though the Constitution was never ratified.
(pic., news article w/overlay, to introduce foreign minister post early, May 17, 2004)
46) On July 1, 2004, Javier Solana met with the EU-Asian Summit.
(pic., July 1, 2004, summary of remarks)
47) And in it, this is what he said (regarding) the new foreign minister policy, he said, basically, “You guys need to speak with me from now on.” Because this new post, that he was going to have, was to replace the presidency of the European Union.
(pic., close-up w/overlay, to replace presidency system)
48) Silvio Berlusconi made the mistake, because he was President of the European Union, he thought he could set policy regarding Israel. Here you have Javier Solana saying, “Brussels, not Rome, sets EU-Israel policy,” on November 11, 2003. Solana said “I’m in charge.” Even then, when Silvio Berlusconi, Italy, held the EU presidency, Solana said he was the guy in charge.
(pc., “Brussels, not Rome, sets EU-Israel policy,” Solana, Nov. 11, 2003)
49) He told Israel, when Sharon told him that the European Union was not going to be in the peace process, unless they stopped supporting the Palestinian Authority and stopped pushing for things like tearing down the fence, things like that. That’s what Javier Solana said to Sharon, “The European Union is in the peace process, like it or not.” And it was shortly after that that Sharon backed down.
(pic., news article w/overlay, “Like it or not”)
50) Hal Lindsey picked that up and on his TBN T.V. show, he picked up that Javier Solana said that to Sharon. And here Hal Lindsey is on his TBN program, talking about Javier Solana and how he told Sharon, “Like it or not.”
(pic., Hal Lindsey)
51) This is also from Hal Lindsey’s T.V. show.
(pic., Dr. Solana)
52) This is also from Hal Lindsey’s T.V. show. This went out all across the world.
(pic., WEU Recommendation 666)
53) Here you see him shaking hands with Shimon Peres. I don’t think Peres really likes it, maybe he does. They are both members of the Socialist Party.
(pic., Dr. Solana w/Shimon Peres)
54) Here is the agreement, The Euro-Mediterranean Partnership, or the Barcelona Process, that Javier Solana negotiated with Israel, with the European Union, twelve Mediterranean nations, back in 1995. This is what Constance was talking about. Friends, this very well could be the covenant with many that is referred to. What we have is the rebirth of Israel. What we have is the return of the Roman Empire. What we have is a ten-nation alliance. What we have is an office, High Representative, come up among these ten nations. What does he do? He set out to confirm a covenant that he made with Israel in 1995. He used this as a basis for bringing peace, an Arab region of peace and stability, over the Mediterranean.
(pic., The Euro-Mediterranean Partnership, the covenant with the many?)
55) Javier Solana was credited with the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership and he was so successful that it was believed that’s why Warren Christopher asked Bill Clinton to appoint Javier Solana as Secretary-General of NATO. So, it was a reward for the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
(pic., Solana’s reward)