Pope Benedict prays JPII will help him build on spiritual gi

News about humankind's turning from God.

Pope Benedict prays JPII will help him build on spiritual gi

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Excerpt:

Pope Benedict prays JPII will help him build on spiritual gifts

By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI prayed that Pope John Paul II would intercede for him with God, helping him to gather and build on the spiritual gifts that Pope John Paul gave to the church.

The Vatican police said almost 40,000 people joined Pope Benedict April 2 in St. Peter's Square for a Mass marking the third anniversary of Pope John Paul's death.

"We pray that from heaven he will continue to intercede for each one of us, and in a special way for me, whom providence has called to harvest his invaluable spiritual heritage," the pope said in his homily.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/storie ... 801774.htm

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus....1Tim 2:5
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby OBXBob on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Pope Benedict XVI prayed that Pope John Paul II would intercede for him with God, helping him to gather and build on the spiritual gifts that Pope John Paul gave to the church.

:faint:
OBXBob

Postby BobRyan on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Your emoticons are absolutely the best! :snack:

I am unworthy.

- Bob
Last edited by BobRyan on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobRyan

Postby BobRyan on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:27 pm

The issue here is praying to the dead.

This is a Christianized form of "the family gods" - ancestor worship.

I found an article in Catholic Digest that basically states that "The Jews had the mission of wiping out that practice".

From the helpful link in the OP

"I do not miss John Paul," he said. "I accompanied him for almost 40 years and now he accompanies me. When I have a problem, I turn to him and he is with me."

Isaiah 8:20 says we should not "Consult the dead on behalf of the living".

in Christ,

Bob
BobRyan

Postby Final Trumpet on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Not only praying to the dead, but also praying to someone other than Jesus to be advocate between you and the Father. They pray to everyone but the one they should... Jesus.
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Final Trumpet wrote:Not only praying to the dead, but also praying to someone other than Jesus to be advocate between you and the Father. They pray to everyone but the one they should... Jesus.

No kidding. It's one of the most obvious apostasies of the catholic "church." As a side note, many catholics seem to accept the practice of talking to the dead, ala John Edward. Not that he is really talking to the dead of course. He is either a shiester or talking with familiar spirits. fwiw
Salty Skipper

Postby Be still on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 pm

As a former Catholic, let me clarify ... it's "praying" to the dead.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Return to Apostasy Watch