Scientist thinks invisibility possible in future

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Postby grace2all on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:18 am

**snip**

By Patricia ReaneyMon Jul 31, 10:11 AM ET

It's unlikely to occur by swallowing a pill or donning a special cloak, but invisibility could be possible in the not too distant future, according to research published on Monday.

------------------------------------
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby water on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:57 am

LOL.

Hmm...what else do we think is possible in the *future*?

How about time travel...yah...and maybe summoning popcorn...and xray vision and rapid gas expulsion!

SUPER HOMER SIMPSON FOLKS! It is possible!
Now is the time to be the Sons of Issachar - 1 Chronicles 12:32

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby OBXBob on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:59 am

How about time travel...yah...and maybe summoning popcorn

Hmmm,

That reminds me...

:snack:

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:08 pm

:typing:
AndCanItBe

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:09 pm

Darn, it didn't work. You can see me, and I didn't manage to summon any popcorn. Back to the drawing board.....
AndCanItBe

Postby DP on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:26 pm

I've got my flux capacitor sitting in my garage right now. This is used to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to make time travel possible. The only problem is that I need some plutonium. However, I have heard that a bolt of lightining would do the trick. However, you never know where or when lighting is going to strike. I suppose I could get some plutonium from the Russians. I'm not sure that I can outbid Iran though.
DP

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:27 pm

You have a Delorian!!! :shock: :shock:
AndCanItBe

Postby Bob the Quiet on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:25 pm

water wrote:LOL.

Hmm...what else do we think is possible in the *future*?

How about time travel...yah...and maybe summoning popcorn...and xray vision and rapid gas expulsion!

SUPER HOMER SIMPSON FOLKS! It is possible!

I wouldn't be too quick to mock this stuff. Today's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact. In the 1960's when 'Star Trek' came out, do you think anyone thought a hand-held wireless phone would ever be possible? And yet today cell-phones are in wide-spread usage, and many models are smaller than Star Trek's 'communicator'.

There even scientists who claim that "warp drive" may be possible, and others who say that a 'cloaking device' is possible and they already know how it would work. I don't remember where I put the link, but apparently not only do scientists believe force fields to be possible but it looks like Israel may already be using them.

And who knows, maybe someday time travel will be possible. It is conjectured that if you could travel faster than light that you would actually travel backwards in time.

I mean, we already have cell phones...the Air Force is using lasers to shoot missiles out of the sky (they have a fleet of ABM laser-equipped jumbo jets on order, assuming they haven't already been deployed). Whatever the mind of man can imagine, the hand of man can eventually create...within certain limitations...after all...we can't very well create dirt.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
-Thomas Jefferson

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Postby water on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Actually, I am aware of some experiments that use plasma fields to generate protective shields (like Star Trek type shields) and they think the same shields will be able to render objects completely invisible to radar.
Now is the time to be the Sons of Issachar - 1 Chronicles 12:32

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby grace2all on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm

......so maybe light sabers are just around the corner.... Image
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Bob the Quiet on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:37 pm

Man I hope so! :grin:

But they'll cost an arm and a leg for a very long time, and even once they are cheap enough for me to afford...they'll be restricted to the government and outlaws...because outlaws don't have to worry about pesky weapon-control laws :(
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
-Thomas Jefferson

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Postby BeTheMoon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:51 pm

Maybe this is a way to scientifically ligitimize demonic activity in the physical realm.

For example:

You feel something tapping your shoulder, but you can't see it. Science will tell you it's an old friend who's invisible. When actually it's straight from the pits of hell.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Be still on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:23 pm

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4.

These things always make me think of this verse.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby kirthril on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:11 pm

those scientists are right...Invisibility will be possible in the future.

but only by those raptured, as the human eye cannot see those who have been givin spiritual bodies.

:mrgreen: kirthril
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby kat on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:41 pm

ya well...I am still waiting for them there scientists to unearth the unicorns!!!! And when are they going to find BIG FOOT!!!! And Nessie!! For Pete's sake!!
On a serious note....Watching shows like Criss Angel Mind Freak...It makes me think how easy it will be for anti-christs to discredit Christians...These people..magicians...scientists...whoever...can do so much...or at least make it look that way...it will be pretty easy to fool the general public. It is a scary thought.
kat

Postby Nocturne on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:58 pm

rapid gas expulsion

I had some of that after I ate taco bell the other day
Nocturne

Postby BeTheMoon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:03 pm

:rolllaughing:

:eek:

BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bob the Quiet on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 pm

kirthril wrote:those scientists are right...Invisibility will be possible in the future.

but only by those raptured, as the human eye cannot see those who have been givin spiritual bodies.

Spiritual does not mean immaterial. Jesus rose from the dead with a physical body, and He ascended into Heaven with a physical body. He will descend back to earth with a physical body. We will be given spiritual, but physical bodies.

EDIT = Spiritual things are the things of God, and not all the things of God are immaterial (Jesus was of God but readily visible to the unaided eye). Water baptism is of God, so it is Spiritual. However, you can see the water that you are being baptized in, likewise you can see the baptism process.

Carnal = things of fallen man, not necessarily things that are simply physical. 'Communism' is carnal as it is an idea of carnal man, as is idolatry and the nuclear bomb.

The idea that 'spiritual' things are immaterial and unseen stems not from the Bible, but from pagan Greek philosophy. God made a physical universe, and was born as a physical Man, I think He likes physical stuff.
-Thomas Jefferson

-Thomas Jefferson

-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Postby DP on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:29 pm

AndCanItBe wrote:You have a Delorian!!! :shock: :shock:

No, they are hard to find these days. I put the flux capacitor in a Pinto.
DP

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:39 pm

:rolllaughing: :rolllaughing: :rolllaughing:

A pinto, does that factor in with the taco bell scenario and the gas explusion?
If you got struck by lightning after eating at taco bell, could you travel to the future?
AndCanItBe

Postby DP on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:32 pm

:lol:

How else can you get the car up to 88 MPH?
DP

Postby CarolinaCJ on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:10 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pinto, does that factor in with the taco bell scenario and the gas explusion?
If you got struck by lightning after eating at taco bell, could you travel to the future?

Whoa....dude.....that would be awesome. :hehe:
cj

----------------------------------
CarolinaCJ

Postby kat on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:57 pm

I was invisible for the firtst 2 years of highschool...nobody wrote any articles about that!!! :tongue:
kat

Postby Be still on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:59 pm

YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby grace2all on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:40 pm

grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:00 am

BTQ, you said.........

And who knows, maybe someday time travel will be possible. It is conjectured that if you could travel faster than light that you would actually travel backwards in time.

Great !! I can get there before I leave !!!

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby member x on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:17 pm

i found this thread rather interesting considering a thought i had this AM.

the AC will change times and laws...

well, what would that mean? time has already changed from a calander perspective...and what laws?

i don't want to read anything into the scriptures, but i will allow my imagination to wander from time to time...

the current leading candidate for this position is a physicist....all i gotta say is "what if?"
member x
Supporting Member

Postby DP on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:11 pm

member x wrote:and what laws?

How about Gods Laws?
DP

Postby soonverysoon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:44 pm

Bob the Quiet wrote:
kirthril wrote:those scientists are right...Invisibility will be possible in the future.

Spiritual does not mean immaterial. Jesus rose from the dead with a physical body, and He ascended into Heaven with a physical body. He will descend back to earth with a physical body. We will be given spiritual, but physical bodies.

EDIT = Spiritual things are the things of God, and not all the things of God are immaterial (Jesus was of God but readily visible to the unaided eye). Water baptism is of God, so it is Spiritual. However, you can see the water that you are being baptized in, likewise you can see the baptism process.

Carnal = things of fallen man, not necessarily things that are simply physical. 'Communism' is carnal as it is an idea of carnal man, as is idolatry and the nuclear bomb.

The idea that 'spiritual' things are immaterial and unseen stems not from the Bible, but from pagan Greek philosophy. God made a physical universe, and was born as a physical Man, I think He likes physical stuff.

:a3:

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Re: rapid gas expulsion

Postby robrank on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:49 pm

Regarding Rapid Gas Expulsion...

I would like to see the following in the future:

New-age materials which will alter the odor of methane. A whole new industry could be born; kind of a Yankee candle type of business. Automobile manufacturers could install car seats made of this material, so that the "new car smell" wouldn't fade away. My kids would certainly appreciate this invention!
robrank

Postby grace2all on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:13 pm

Regarding Rapid Gas Expulsion...

Sounds painful.
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby BeTheMoon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:41 pm

BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Be still on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:22 am

YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby ConsidermySavior on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 am

depending what bottons i push i can become invisible here.

i would be willing to bet some people are invisible now.
ConsidermySavior

Re: rapid gas expulsion

Postby Bob the Quiet on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:31 am

robrank wrote:Regarding Rapid Gas Expulsion...

I would like to see the following in the future:

New-age materials which will alter the odor of methane. A whole new industry could be born; kind of a Yankee candle type of business. Automobile manufacturers could install car seats made of this material, so that the "new car smell" wouldn't fade away. My kids would certainly appreciate this invention!

This would be a terrible invention! I hate the 'new car smell' :(
-Thomas Jefferson

-Thomas Jefferson

-Thomas Jefferson
Bob the Quiet
Supporting Member

Return to SIGNS