JR03, The second vision

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

JR03, The second vision

Postby JR on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:53 pm

It would be helpful, for those that are just stumbling on to this thread, to get a background on what this is about first.

Why am I doing this?

How I got here.

Fruit bearing

What I am pointing to?

This is my second vision. I offer it as a warning and a call to service. Get busy, the Lord is near.

This comes from my personal journal I started at the request of my pastor. They are from the first few months after the vision. None of these events have come to pass yet.

I have moved, since I originally wrote this and now live in a hilly area. This area is inundated with large ravens. They hover frequently, high in the air. They look some what like the dots in the air of the first frame. I was not aware of that, when I moved here 3 years ago. Also, I am not sure I live in the same place between frame 1 and frame 2.

I have redacted the names, since I do not have their permission to share those names, at this time. I am willing to put you in contact with my pastor CM if you so request.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT

April 20th, 2001 4:30 am

I have just woken from a vision from God. I am laying next to my wife and am struggling with the urge to wake her. She has to get up in an hour for work, so I have to wait until 5:30 am. What a vision, let me explain what I saw, and what the meaning was. I will describe them as frames, each one has it’s own meaning, but they are all related.

Frame 1 Vision

I am standing in a field and I look up to the sky. I see four fuzzy black objects coming from four different directions. They align themselves above me, at a great distance. They appear in the following pattern;

They then split in half and go to the four opposite sides of the horizon. They then appear in the following pattern;

From these eight positions, a slow darkness begins to appear, moving very slowly towards the center of the sky. Like if you were slowly coloring in the sky with a charcoal pencil from these eight points. The vision stops here. It is just the beginning. The darkness is slowly forming from these points.

Frame 2 Vision

I am with my wife, we are talking about this sign at some new home of ours. Everybody is talking about this sign. and I tell her that I personally witnessed it, though it is not clear to me if everybody saw exactly what I saw. People are very excited about it and seem to be drawn to a city for some unknown purpose. We see people walking pass our home, going towards this unknown city and we join them. We arrive at the city and my wife finds out that they are all gathering to go on some kind of ship together (plane or ship I don’t know). We have gathered together in some kind of mall or station. My wife informs me there are separate accommodations for male and female, and that we are on the same ship, but are to be housed in different areas of the ship. The idea appears to be that we are to go on this ship to go to God. I conclude that this is stupid. First of all, I am not going to be separated from my wife, secondly God does not need me to get on a ship to go to him. He will get me when He is ready. We leave the group and go back home.

Frame 3 Vision

My wife and I are back in our home. It is a nice stone cottage in the country, reminiscent of Ireland. We start a fire in the fireplace and settle in. I look out the window and see a woman we refer to as mother. She is not my actual mother, nor is she my wife’s. I sense she is older than us, and that my wife and I are older. She has red curly hair poking out from underneath a scarf in her hair. She is dressed in a fashion common to people who live in the country (a skirt with layers of sweaters for warmth). We are older, but not decrepit. I surmise some where between ten and twenty five years older, that would make me between 52 and 67. I tell my wife that I see ‘mother’ and that I am going to go out and say hello to her and let her know we are back. I go outside and call to her, as she approaches, I notice that the stones of the cottage are on fire. It is not a consuming fire, but flames are blazing from the stone. This does not alarm me, my wife is in no danger, but the woman picks up a hose and squirts a milky water onto the cottage to hide or douse the flames. This does not bother me either.

Frame 4 Vision

I am at a bookstore with a young boy. I do not know who the boy is. There is another man, perhaps the owner of the store, there. He is of Arabic descent, he has dark hair and a full beard. We are talking about all the goings on, the craziness of peoples actions since the sign in the sky. For some reason we begin talking about if we are in the great tribulation and I begin to explain to him what the signs of the great tribulation are. I tell him about the sores on the skin, and I tell him about his eyes darkening and no longer being able to see clearly. I realize I am saying this to him, as if he was personally going to go through it and I attempt to tell him he is going to hell. I say I attempt to say it, because I have every intention of saying it, but when I open my mouth the words come out very slowly and in a distorted manner. I find this troubling, not to be able to say the words and I notice that some books have been knocked down to the floor and the man is on his knees, presumably to pick up the books. I stand there wondering why I can no longer speak and why those words came out so distorted and apparently incoherent to the man. I then realize that the man is not picking up the books, but he is staring at me in absolute horror. He is on his knees looking at me with his hands covering his head. He has a look of horror on his face. I wonder, what is his problem? I then recognize that the boy is at my feet, he is also on his knees, but his back is to me and I can not see his face. I realize that he is scared and I crouch down to put my arms around him and to comfort him. As I am crouching down I realize why the man is looking at me the way he is.

I wake up.

I am excited to tell my wife and wait till 5:30 am to wake her and tell her the vision. I begin recounting the events of the visions, I am not scared,. She listens to me, but has to go to work and tells me she is frightened about what I told her.

Here is the interpretations of the vision.

Frame 1 Interpretation

The four black fuzzy objects are the four horseman of the Apocalypse. The great tribulation has not started and no great calamity has started, but it is very close. It is imminent.

Frame 2 Interpretation

False messiahs will draw people to themselves. Some will be fooled, but not everyone.

Frame 3 Interpretation

The fire is the Holy Spirit. My home, my wife and I, are sealed by the spirit. I am uncertain about the milky water, perhaps the presence of the Spirit needs to be concealed, I don’t know. This is going to happen within ten to twenty five years from now. My wife and I are no longer in the same place, perhaps we are in Ireland. I do not need to worry about money, I apparently have more than enough.

Frame 4 Interpretation

This is the most disturbing. The man is an apparent unbeliever and I am trying to witness to him. In mid sentence I am stopped by the Holy Spirit. The Church age is over, today’s believers are no longer able to witness to the world. The man is in horror before me, because I have come into my glorified body. It radiates a golden light. I do not know about the boy, I am concerned for him, but he does not appear to be subject to the same fate as the Arabic man. I am raptured to heaven. The tribulation will follow, Christ is coming back in my lifetime.

April 20, 2001 5:45 am

My wife has gone down stairs. As I lie in bed, the full weight of my vision starts to fall on me. The first tears begin to fall. I have had only one clear action to take, that was to tell my wife and to tell my pastor CM. It is to early to call CM. I slip on my robe and go downstairs. My wife has already started the coffee, she knows I won’t be able to go back to sleep. As I am waiting for the coffee, the realization that this has only happened to me once before, the vision of my son in peril when he was a baby fifteen years ago. The certainty of that vision, and the subsequent changes that came about in our families life. The vision becomes more real, and there are more tears. Still waiting for the coffee, realizing that I got confirmation of my and my wife’s salvation, but no confirmation one way or another about the salvation of my children. A flood of tears follows, and great pleading with God to save my children. More tears (tears well up now as I type this).

April 20, 2001 6:15 am

I go to the Bible for comfort. I begin my normal reading in the Daily Bread, I read the following;

Acts 16:25-34 depicting a sign of God, when Paul & Silas were in prison and a great earthquake came

Acts 16
25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
26 and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened.
27 When the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped.
28 But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!"
29 And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house.
33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.
34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

Isaiah 7:10-14 prophesying a sign from God, foretelling the virgin birth of Christ

Isaiah 7
10 Then the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying,
11 "Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; make it deep as Sheol or high as heaven."
12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!"
13 Then he said, "Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well?
14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Isaiah 1:13-17 God tells Israel that he doesn’t want their offerings, but he wants a changed heart

Isaiah 1
13 "Bring your worthless offerings no longer,
Incense is an abomination to Me.
New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies--
I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.
14 "I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts,
They have become a burden to Me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 "So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are covered with blood.
16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil,
17 Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow.

Matthew 1:18-25 an Angel tells Joseph about his wife and the coming messiah

Matthew 1
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
19 And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her, planned to send her away secretly.
20 But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21 "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."
22 Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
23 "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."
24 And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife,
25 but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus.

I can’t say that I got any great comfort from these scripture verses. They all seem to confirm signs and wonders and God’s righteous judgment. For good measure, as I was looking up these verses to type, I fell upon Acts 2:17, here it speaks of the last days and young men seeing visions, more tears welling up.

Acts 2
17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says,
'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

This entire experience continues to overwhelm me. I begin to question my sanity. I start to think in third person , I am having problems handling this. Is 6:40 to early to call CM? Yes it is, I wait until 7:00 am.

April 20, 2001 6:45 am

I decide I will be meeting with CM, so I go up stairs to shower. I fight off other temptations to call CM now. I shower, and call him. I actually expect CM to answer the phone, KM does instead, but CM is right there. I ask if he can meet, he says that he can, and we arrange to meet at Starbucks at 9:00 am. I avoid going into any details as to why. I don’t trust myself to be able to talk about it yet, without breaking down in tears, and I don’t want to worry him. I assure him it isn’t anything bad and hang up. Oh yah, nothing bad, just the end of the world in my lifetime. Nothing really serious like a car wreck or loss of a job. I continue to question my sanity as I type this.

April 20, 2001 7:15 am

I go down stairs and try to distract myself on the computer. I feel a little better, but not much. My wife comes home and asks me how I am doing. I start to tell her, and break down in tears in front of her. I have cried very few times in front of her. My wife does the perfect thing, she comes over and hugs me. I now know why she was one of the two people I needed to tell, I really needed that hug. Thanks honey. I collect myself and distract myself until the kids leave for school.

April 20, 2001 8:00 am

I have got to get out of the house. I decide to walk to help me cope with this. I take off, decide to time my walk to arrive at Starbucks at 9:00 am. I begin walking towards the freeway on L Blvd. I stop to make a deposit, always practical. I am walking down L Blvd, head down, fighting back tears. When I see people on the sidewalk, one thought keeps going through my mind, “You are already dead and you don’t even know it”. Fight back more tears. I arrive at shopping center on L Blvd by the 99 cent store. Time to go back to meet CM. I begin to feel better.

April 20, 2001 9:00 am

I arrive at Starbucks right at 9:00 am, CM is not there yet. I decide to use the rest room and that CM will be there when I am done. I walk out of the rest room to see CM walking into Starbucks. Thanks for being there CM. I exchange pleasantries and ask him what he wants to drink, we order. I ask him if he would mind walking and he agrees to. We get our coffees and leave. We begin to walk towards the south trail. I prefaced my discussion with a joke regarding my sanity. I wasn’t completely joking. I begin by telling him that what I am about to tell him is not compelling me to take any kind of drastic action. I don’t intend to start a ‘Tony Alamo type of church”. With this sort of introduction, I am sure CM starts questioning my sanity. If he wasn’t, he should have been.

I tell CM everything. He listens intently. We walk a long way. I loose it when I tell him about the lack of confirmation about the salvation of my children. We talk more. We discuss how this lines up with scripture. Being the pre-trib kind of man that he is, he points out the four horsemen are not to be released until after the rapture. I pointed out that they were being held back, and were only vaguely depicted. We jointly bring up the fact that no one knows the exact time.

Matthew 24

34 "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

I assure him that I still don’t. That all I know is that it is some where in the next ten to twenty five years, during my life time. But if I find myself in an Arab owned bookstore with a little boy, they better not drop any books.

CM assures me that he has known me to be sane. It’s the simple things in life that bring you comfort, you know after you have had a vision from God and someone tells you that you have been known to be sane. Anyway, my mind goes to why him. I already answered the why my wife (that much needed hug). I tell him that the best that I had come up with, was that he has ten to twenty five years to make a difference for eternity. Nothing like a little pressure. We discuss it further and we begin to explore the issue of my wife and I no longer needing to worry about money. I told him that I had a sense of having one more financial ‘Home Run’ to make, and that it was going to happen. He asked me if that was a possibility. I told him yes, if God wished it. There were already possibilities out there. They obviously needed God’s blessing, but it was feasible. I told him about KA coming back to help finish the new software package, willing to work for only a fraction of what she used to make, because I can’t afford any more. I told him about DF expressing interest in a sales arrangement and how I felt he was uniquely gifted to build a sales and marketing dealer network. And then I told him about GH. How he intercepted an e-mail I responded to about our software being rewritten to run in a graphical environment. How he wanted to use that during his conference in May. Surely, most of the pieces were there for a grand slam sort of home run, especially with God swinging the bat. If KA or DF or GH is reading this in the future, I want to thank you for your part in the yet to be realized greatest success of my company. We arrived to the area of the south trail near the RF’s home. We turned around.

On the way back, we explored this idea further. I told CM that my sense was that this is going to happen, but that at some time before the pinnacle of this success, that I was to leave the company. We discussed the perils of success, and how it can distort you and cause you to believe in how great you are, and to forget God. That I was certain that I needed to avoid that trap. We came to the final reason why CM. I needed someone with the strength of character and that I respected, to help me to walk away from my company when the time was right. CM agreed to do so. Thanks CM. CM encouraged me to write this down. I agreed it would be a good thing, especially if I had to explain my actions to some of my Christian employees in the future. I thought of PI and DT. Or if I wanted to give my non-Christian friends, PL and KA, future proof of the existence of God. If either one of you are reading this, then I hope you have accepted Christ as your savior. It is also for your benefit that I am writing this down. Please don’t rationalize this away.

April 20, 2001 10:30 am

I begin writing this down. CM I’ll send you a copy of this so you will have no problems in the future with holding me to my commitment to leave. If this is necessary, then we have been witness to something amazing and have shared an amazing act of God. If none of this ever happens, you can testify at my sanity hearing, that I am a decent enough sort of guy for a crazy person.

May 7, 2001 10:30 am

KA agrees to come to work for us and begins training at the office. Later that month, GH uses some of our screen shots during the conference. Nothing significant has come of this. There was very little emphasis on our company during the presentation.

June 28, 2001 10:00 am

DF calls about miscellaneous business issues, and we get into a very serious discussion regarding him being surrounded by Christians. I gave him my testimony and my experience of coming back to the Lord. I told DF he was being pursued by the Hounds of Heaven. I believe DF is very close to accepting the Lord as his personal savior. I count it a privilege to be a part of this process.

July 7, 2001 10:30 am

CM asks for an update on all of this. I brought him up to date and he encouraged me to update my journal. So I did on July 9th. We are continuing work on the new package, and hope to install most of it in August.

August 2, 2001 8:00 am

DF pages me to his cell phone, I think he said he was in Connecticut. He said he had been thinking about me (funny, I had a note to myself to call him also) and wanted to let me know what had been going on in his life, the last thirty days. DF BECAME SAVED. Apparently, a couple of days after our phone conversation (approximately July 1st) DF accepted the Lord. He described the last month as one of the most extraordinary times of his life. He is all pumped up and filled with joy. I am so happy for him and his family. Apparently, his wife was already a believer as well as his son. He credited our phone conversation as being instrumental, but he and I both know that he was being pursued by the Holy Spirit. I warned him about now being on the other team, and that Satan hasn’t forgotten him and will come attacking. I encouraged him to be involved with a Bible teaching church (he told me he was attending a fundamental church called the Fellowship church) and to build his faith on the word of God, and not men.

He told me about other men that had been involved in the process; Paul (a man at the church he is now attending), TT (a man he used to work with, whose wife was a friend of my wife’s), Doug (a man he came in contact with in his job hunting) and of course his wife and son. I told him it was a privilege to be a part of the process, and that since I can never repay the debt that I owe Christ, the least I can do is to be obedient when called upon. DF you are special, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you.

I hope if you are reading this in the future, that the same joy and abundant energy defines your walk with the Lord.

August 2, 2001 11:00 am

While on my morning walk, I couldn’t help but wonder how God works and to be humbled to be a part of his plan. The thought nearly brings me to tears. Thank you Lord for using me.

As this relates to the broader vision, the idea of sharing this starts to enter my mind. I still do not have any clear indication about the when, but I am starting to get some ideas about how and to who. The who seems to be my children first and then to a much larger group afterwards. The idea of sending a somewhat cryptic invitation, depending on God to get who he wants to be there. I would need a rather large place, perhaps our new church. I’ll keep this to myself for now, CM probably still thinks I am nuts and there is no reason to broach the subject with him at this time. He would have to be in full support to allow the use of the facilities.

With DF safely in the kingdom, a new face comes to mind. JC is a friend from my coaching days (I coached his son MC). Perhaps he is my next project. My wife and I are suppose to hook up with him and his wife on August 11th.

The idea of some possible future employees also came to mind. TM and SS. I feel like we will be working together in the future. I hope that is the case, these two young men would be great to work with.

September 7, 2001 4:00 pm

Concerns for the business were a little overwhelming today. I sometimes feel I am in a race, trying to get the new package done and trying to keep the company with enough work. God has been good, and we have enough for today. It is my concerns for tomorrow that worry me. I realize there is scripture that addresses this directly, but I have been put in charge of the company, and I cannot afford the luxury of not thinking about these issues. My life’s constant quandary is trying to figure out where my talents and intellect leaves off and where faith in God starts. Where does my responsibilities end and faith that God will provide the answer start? I have struggled with this many times. God has gifted me and blessed me to be able to accomplish much and I realize that all that I have that is good is from Him. With those blessings, comes my responsibility to be a good steward and that is the quandary. As a steward, I am called to do my best, so I try to do just that. I guess when I hit the proverbial block wall that is when I have to leave it in God’s hands. He allows me so much grace, and then I reach a point when I have to wait in faith. That is the hardest part.

I called DF today. I needed an up lift. DF is still on fire for the Lord. It was good to hear that and to enjoy his newfound faith and enthusiasm. DF started a new job and thinks there might be an opportunity for us there. It was encouraging news, after the issues discussed in the previous paragraph. Who knows DF? Perhaps we will be working together again. I pray we do. It was always challenging and fun. Only God knows for sure.

September 11, 2001 8:00 am

Well with the crash into the world trade center towers, does this just appear to be a weird coincidence or a major step towards the second coming of Christ. If it is a major step towards that end, then I say come quickly Lord. The amount of death and grief caused by this, is hard to take and hard to believe. If it is a first step towards the tribulation, then I am glad I won’t be here to see the carnage in its fullness.

:angel:
JR

Postby Favoritetopic on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Wow - I'd say you have a mighty call on your life and God will bring you there.

I think I need to keep journaling! Thanks for the reminder here!

I would also say that a majority of us on this site agree that we are indeed in the last days, and the Lord has put it on our hearts to go forth with boldness and tell the Bible truth, not the warm and fuzzy stuff out there being taught that is not the truth.

My personal experience with God and Him telling me about future events and the call on my life has also prompted me into action. I'm in school to get the 'legalities' of it taken care of. I'm in school for clinical psychology and will eventually leave a comfy career to pursue this.

Part of my prophecy involves an ex-boyfriend who is an atheist. He was when I met him, and we broke-up when I got saved. He'll become a believer someday and there will be a church, and an accusation of money stolen.

That is all I know. When this was first told to me, I was out looking at property for churches! LOL!!! How funny I thought things would happen right away.

God is calling His people for sure. God wants souls. We can't keep quiet. Got the message, I'm doing my best to listen.

Thank you jjrear for sharing. I hope this makes it easier as time goes on. I understand, and in no way, shape or form do I think you are 'crazy'. I agree we are in these times...I agree you've been given visions.

Don't carry the burden, just do the communication part of what God is calling you to do. Don't worry so much about other people's judgements!!! We should always be considerate but never let what people think of us Jesus FREAKS stop the calling God has on our lives!

End times sound pretty dang scary...I hope and pray people will listen.
DOH!
Favoritetopic

Postby mabell28 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:59 pm

Help me out with something, I am a doubting Thomas. I checked out your website for your business....you seem to be a legit person.

Why are you having dreams that when interpreted, confirm what has already been prophesied?...what's the point? [maybe I am trying to figure out God here, but there is no need for confusion on visions right now...one would think the God of Genesis has no need for being vague.] This is directed to all who have a vision of war and can't identify vehicles...etc....

Either the book of Revelation is enough, or God didn't think it was enough and you are chosen to put more pizazz in the message....what are the other reasons for visions?

The visions of John's time were in apocalyptic language and visuals because they couldn't comprehend what they were seeing. God doesn't need symbology right now...it would seem that if God wanted to show something, he is going to start getting specific...no need to make the pictures some kind of black dots....please don't take this as some kind of rebuke.....it is nothing more than simple innocent doubt because I can only read what you write here.

mabell28
mabell28

Postby JR on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:05 pm

mabell28 wrote:Help me out with something, I am a doubting Thomas. I checked out your website for your business....you seem to be a legit person.

Why are you having dreams that when interpreted, confirm what has already been prophesied?...what's the point? [maybe I am trying to figure out God here, but there is no need for confusion on visions right now...one would think the God of Genesis has no need for being vague.] This is directed to all who have a vision of war and can't identify vehicles...etc....

Either the book of Revelation is enough, or God didn't think it was enough and you are chosen to put more pizazz in the message....what are the other reasons for visions?

The visions of John's time were in apocalyptic language and visuals because they couldn't comprehend what they were seeing. God doesn't need symbology right now...it would seem that if God wanted to show something, he is going to start getting specific...no need to make the pictures some kind of black dots....please don't take this as some kind of rebuke.....it is nothing more than simple innocent doubt because I can only read what you write here.

mabell28

Michael,

I checked out your website for your business....you seem to be a legit person.

I am legit, but thanks for confirming that for me.

Why are you having dreams that when interpreted, confirm what has already been prophesied?...what's the point?

This is what is new, at least to me, it is going to happen in my life time. Based upon my general appearance, and given the elapsed time, I would say in about 5 to 20 years, give or take a little. Now I am pretty sure I did not see that in my first few times through Revelation. :wink:

I am not sure I am adding more pizzazz, I will leave that interpretation up to you. If I was to be adding something new, then that would be more of a problem, now wouldn't it.

The visions of John's time were in apocalyptic language and visuals because they couldn't comprehend what they were seeing. God doesn't need symbology right now...

Perhaps the symbology was for me. Perhaps I could not comprehend things any other way.

I would not have said what you said about no longer needing that means of communication. I think you give us a lot more credit than we have earned. I am not so sure WE would not still make the same mistakes that were made during Christ's first appearance. I think it is more likely that many would repeat the same actions today.

It is one thing to wonder at the current political, atmospheric and moral state of things, and speculate we are in the end times. It is another thing to know it with every fiber of your existence. To know it like the sun will come up tomorrow, oops, perhaps that was not the best choice of words. I see this web site, for me, as giving more evidence to what I already believe to be true.

My question to you, and anyone else listening. If you really believed like I do, what would you do? If a life time of tomorrows were no longer guaranteed, what would you do?

Michael, what is your purpose and what should you be doing? Maybe you are already living just like that. God Bless you and more power to you. I just have not met many like that.

Thanks for the healthy skepticism. Keep it up. Perhaps I have given you something to think about also.

JR

Postby MChat on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 pm

I personally believe God still talks to us through dreams and visions. My mother was given dreams that saved her life (as well as the lives of my brother and I). I too have had dreams that have come true, although nothing as drastic as my mom's dreams.

My mom and I have recently shared a similiar dream. In her dream our family (Mom, Dad, my Brother and his family and my family) were "surviving" in a ghost town in Colorado which we have been to several times while 4-wheeling. However, what exactly we were "surviving" from was unclear to her.

My dream, the details of the dream are foggy, but what I remember is graves bursting open (reminding me in my dream of scenes from "Night of the Living Dead") and the bodies therein rising up into the air and being changed at the same time. Then my own feet left the ground and followed. The last thing from the dream that I remember was looking down at where I had been and noting that the cross roads below me formed a perfect cross.

When I described the place in my dream, my mom said that it was the same place. I don't really remember the ghost town because I was pretty young (9~10?) the last time I was there.

If God is speaking to you through dreams, then I would continue writing them down in your journal, praying about them and asking God what you should do with these visions. Particularly are they for you and your family, or are you to share them with anyone else?

I too believe that for the believers, the end-times is going to be a time of revival. Without the work of Him that is in us, none of us would be able to withstand the trials which will befall us during the tribulation which is to come.

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

As for myself, I've had no dreams recently about anything except my past sinful life... :(

"Separated, I cut myself clean
From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams"
- DC Talk, Jesus Freak
MChat
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:33 pm

Hi Mabell!

I can understand you being a doubting Thomas :grin: .

I would like to add that I too have had visions and dreams that confirm what the Lord has already prophecied to us in His Word. I don't know exactly why He has allowed me to have them other than to show me what to look for, and to confirm that which I already know to be truth. Sometimes I share what He has shown me, and I have found that it is edifying to the body of Christ as an encouragement, and as an admonishment to get ones self right with the Lord as time is short.

Salty
Salty Skipper

Postby water on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:58 am

I have had dreams and visions and know others who have as well.

The Lord gives visions and dreams for many reasons. Sometimes for his own glory, sometimes to warn, to impart hope, to impart wisdom (teach), and sometimes just to share his heart with us. Sometimes the visions are only for us and sometimes they are for someone else or many other people.

We may understand only part of the vision in the begining, but as we consider it and pray about it, our minds are opened to understand more.

The thing to understand is that visions and dreams are simply our Lord talking to us in ways we understand. He loves us and loves to be with us, he loves to share himself with us and he loves it when we share ourselves with him. He is a friend, a brother, a father, and our God. Our Lord is not some unknowable, mystical entity that resides in some unreachable place. He is a personal God, he is our best friend and the lover of our souls.

When the Lord speaks to us in any way, whether it be a vision, dream, or through the Holy Spirit to our conscience, we need to pause and ask, "Lord, what are you trying to tell me? I want to know you better and I want to know what you are saying to me clearly. Please share your wisdom with me, Father." He will do it.
Now is the time to be the Sons of Issachar - 1 Chronicles 12:32

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby Lookfortruth on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:36 am

Hey Water,
That was a wonderful answer. I have also had several dreams and visions since 1999. Some are similar to the above ones. The bible states that we will have dreams and prophecy in the end times, I do not believe to show us new things, but to confirm his word. I found that my experiences with these dreams and visions have strengthend my faith and put my heart back to seek his face. :a3:
Candy
Lookfortruth

for what its worth

Postby hoshianna on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:54 am

There's this guy I know who foresaw 9/11 in a dream. He tried to post it in a dream registry on the net but he's not sure if it took. He had about 2 months before it happened. He woke up all sweaty. He was into precognitive dreams & stuff but also has the feeling that the souls lost on that day somehow traveled back in time to him. Then there was that tsunami in 2004. He had at least 3 months warning there. In that dream, his mother got swept away by the waves & got injured. He doesn't know why he was shown these for sure. He didn't know immediately where they would take place, exactly.
He has delved in stuff, especially the alleged powers of the mind, but he thinks he is Christian; read the whole bible at least twice, I think.
FYI
hoshianna

Postby harpazo hope on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:05 am

I think the visions in the book of Daniel are pretty symbolic. And they knew what a king and a kingdom was. But it was still symbolic.

I had a dream that was very strange. Some charismatic, healer type churches teach that when you hold unforgiveness in your heart it can cause physical problems. Often one leg is longer than the other they say. This is weird...I know. But God used this image to speak to me none the less.

I had an issue with my Granpa and I was bitter. I didn't even realize I was bitter. Then I had a dream of walking through the mall with my Grandpa and my leg started growing to ridiculous lengths. It was really funny! I woke up and realized I needed to repent and forgive my Grandpa.

So I never had a dream where God said, "Jasmin, forgive your Grandpa!" And the Bible already said forgive. But for some reason God wanted to get my attention in a different way.

Jasmin
"I won't be satisfied until my form of godliness requires God."
GS Megaphone
harpazo hope

Postby mabell28 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:23 am

Here is where I am coming from.

I have no idea what God's intention is in people's dreams. I have had them, some come true, some don't. However, we remember ones that come true, we forget those that aren't reinforced.

In addition, my memories of dreams change very quickly over time, as do all of yours. It's a proven scientific fact. If you don't believe me, you can test it for yourself. Journal when you wake up, immediately what you dreamt. Then, don't look at it for a month, go back and look. It seems JJrear that you are journaling your dreams....so that is covered.

There are more people I have met that have carved out a "place of being cool with the brethren" by having a gift or a view from God that others have not....thus being false prophets. (I am in no way accusing you jjrear, or anyone here, just one o' my many pet peeves).

In addition, in the old days, the prophets were running around either at the foot of kings or in the public places making His message heard.

So what it boils down to is if the message is for yourself, it should stay with yourself....if it is for another, God's pretty clear about it, and you don't hide who you are, what you are about from anyone...it's hanging out there for everyone to see.

JJrear, in your message you are using initials for people's names...not sure why but I tell you what.

If you are printing your message here/dreams/prophecies here, then you are intending them for others....if that is the case, why hide real names behind initials? Did God tell you to keep names secret for a message you were to give to all...or are you relating to all, something which was for your edification alone? (God is clear about this in Scripture, again, I am not trying to cast doubt, and I am not saying you should include names....there are tons of whackos out here in the internet that are going to wish you, I and others ill will). I am asking what is the purpose of your sharing of your dreams and their interpretation? If it is to give witness about Scripture and showing that in the end times, this is a sample of of what young and old men are doing...Awesome...Rock On....I mean it!

In addition you are giving exact dates and times of events...as if you were journaling them when they occurred (as mentioned above). You see, almost nobody would record that detail...but that very detail lends implicit "proof" that what you are saying is true...it is that level of recorded detail that concerns me...when I woke up after having my dream of a world leader dying, (true story), I journaled it...but not till a time way after. Police investigators know that too much detail makes a story not as real. (Observation)

As for the checking to see if you are the real deal, you said:

If you are sarcastic about that, it's unnecessary..if you are using humor...np. If you are feeling a bit attacked by me, I am sorry....and get used to it. Every time I witness, share my ability to see, any time I analyze the present and see the future I expect, rightly so, to be questioned about my authenticity.

I went to the software website you have described to see what it was about, and dug around. I do that with anyone coming here when they have a claim they have a special message from God...it's part of my gift to see what is missing.

The prophets of old...did things in a particular way.

....you see, we live in a time of false prophets, and all I have to do is turn on the tube to find them, or look to some board on occasion. (Again, I am not saying you are false!)

I know God will send a message to people, and I know I don't understand all of what he wants...however, I know he has the capability of being crystal clear...to say that God needs to be foggy because he can't get his point across is ...well...limiting God. (This is my concern with many of "today's prophets" )

In closing I would like to say, scientists when giving a theory go through more analysis, review and criticism than this...and the prophets of old had even a harder time. If anyone thinks I am being unloving, I am sorry for that. It is just that I am tired of hearing and seeing those who have some type of "special vision".....and share it, but then find out there is nothing new under the sun in it, or that it could be interpreted a bunch of different ways...or they are flat out attention seekers. May God correct me if I am wrong here.

mabell28
mabell28

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:36 am

harpazo hope wrote:I think the visions in the book of Daniel are pretty symbolic. And they knew what a king and a kingdom was. But it was still symbolic.

I had a dream that was very strange. Some charismatic, healer type churches teach that when you hold unforgiveness in your heart it can cause physical problems. Often one leg is longer than the other they say. This is weird...I know. But God used this image to speak to me none the less.

I had an issue with my Granpa and I was bitter. I didn't even realize I was bitter. Then I had a dream of walking through the mall with my Grandpa and my leg started growing to ridiculous lengths. It was really funny! I woke up and realized I needed to repent and forgive my Grandpa.

So I never had a dream where God said, "Jasmin, forgive your Grandpa!" And the Bible already said forgive. But for some reason God wanted to get my attention in a different way.

Jasmin, without a doubt IMO, this dream was meant for you! God does speak to us in dreams, but most who have experienced this type of dream or direction have indicated it was meant for them personally as you have. Thank you for sharing your dream; it was a blessing to me. Our God is awesome and knows how to reach us!

:praise:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby water on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:45 am

Mabell, do you believe God? Do you believe what he says is true?

Acts 2

`In the last days, God said,
I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.

In those days I will pour out my Spirit
upon all my servants, men and women alike,
and they will prophesy.

And I will cause wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below--
blood and fire and clouds of smoke.

The sun will be turned into darkness,
and the moon will turn bloodred,
before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives.

And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved.'[c]

Is there a need for such an adversarial tone with someone that is simply sharing a vision?

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
water

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:59 am

MChat wrote:My dream, the details of the dream are foggy, but what I remember is graves bursting open (reminding me in my dream of scenes from "Night of the Living Dead") and the bodies therein rising up into the air and being changed at the same time. Then my own feet left the ground and followed. The last thing from the dream that I remember was looking down at where I had been and noting that the cross roads below me formed a perfect cross.

When I described the place in my dream, my mom said that it was the same place. I don't really remember the ghost town because I was pretty young (9~10?) the last time I was there.

If God is speaking to you through dreams, then I would continue writing them down in your journal, praying about them and asking God what you should do with these visions. Particularly are they for you and your family, or are you to share them with anyone else?

Mike,

Can I ask how old you are now? Also, do you know your relative age you are during your dream? I see real similarities between our dreams.

Just curious.
JR

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:33 am

Michael,

Well you have jumped on quite a few things. I think someone said in another thread that perhaps we should limit a post to just a couple general points. Yours seem to come in more of the barrage form.

mabell28 wrote:JJrear, in your message you are using initials for people's names...not sure why but I tell you what.

I explained this. I do not have their permission to post it publicly. If you read my post closely, I told you in advance I redacted it. I am just being courteous and respectful to their privacy. I offered for you to talk to CM, but it is likely to not make much of a difference in your case. I notice you go by mabell28 and that you do not use your full name, address and ssn here. You want your privacy respected and I am sure my friends want the same.

mabell28 wrote:In addition you are giving exact dates and times of events...as if you were journaling them when they occurred (as mentioned above). You see, almost nobody would record that detail...but that very detail lends implicit "proof" that what you are saying is true...it is that level of recorded detail that concerns me...when I woke up after having my dream of a world leader dying, (true story), I journaled it...but not till a time way after. Police investigators know that too much detail makes a story not as real. (Observation)

I indicated, you really should read things more closely, that my pastor, on our walk, encouraged me to write it down. Obviously, I was not writing at the time. If you could pick up what I was feeling, you would realize I was pretty shook up. I recorded the vision the next day, after experiencing it

mabell28 wrote:As for the checking to see if you are the real deal, you said:

If you are sarcastic about that, it's unnecessary..if you are using humor...np. If you are feeling a bit attacked by me, I am sorry....and get used to it. Every time I witness, share my ability to see, any time I analyze the present and see the future I expect, rightly so, to be questioned about my authenticity.

Michael, I do use sarcasm. It is an old crutch, but you simply got a little back of what you are giving me. By my past standards, you got a very low dose. Not all of us are as gentle as we should be, I have learned to tone it down a bit, you might try to do the same.

But you did call me on the sarcasm, so I sincerely ask for your forgiveness in the way I spoke to you. It came out and I did it on purpose, so please forgive me.

I will reread your post later and try to respond to the other things you are poking at, just remember, some of us poke back. So, maybe instead of me getting used to it, their is a compromise we can come to. I will withhold the sarcasm and you take a deep breath before you write each sentence. :grin:

I actually have to work today, so it is likely to be later on.
--
JR

Postby MChat on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:59 am

jjrear wrote:
MChat wrote:My dream, the details of the dream are foggy, but what I remember is graves bursting open (reminding me in my dream of scenes from "Night of the Living Dead") and the bodies therein rising up into the air and being changed at the same time. Then my own feet left the ground and followed. The last thing from the dream that I remember was looking down at where I had been and noting that the cross roads below me formed a perfect cross.

Mike,

Can I ask how old you are now? Also, do you know your relative age you are during your dream? I see real similarities between our dreams.

Just curious.

I turn 35 in December. As for my age in the dream, I couldn't tell you for sure: I never thought about it, however I wasn't much older than I am now. Very few dreams I have do I even remember when I awake. The dreams I DO remember seem more vivid than the others, but yet the details I remember are still foggy; perhaps I should start my own journal and write them down when I awake in the middle of the night instead of dismissing them and going back to sleep.

One interesting thing, before I was saved (but thought I was, thank the Lord for men like Paul Washer and my Pastor who preach the Truth!) I used to have dreams where my family was "flying off" and leaving me standing on the ground... in one dream I remember trying to grab hold of my brothers leg. At the time I dismissed them as irrational fears (after all I was saved wasn't I?); I realize now that they were a message from God telling me "Not So."

Let me share with you one of my Mom's dreams. In her dream (at the time of the dream) she was driving down a road, which she did not recognize in a car she did not own. And although at the time she had only one child (my brother), in the dream she had two children in the car. The road was a type that was common here in Phoenix at the time (early 70's) a 2 lane black-top with a canal running down both sides of the road. In the dream a pair of car headlights is coming at her, and then the one car pulled out to pass the other. It was going to be close, but not that close, so in the dream my mom, without slowing down pulled closer to her side of the road. Just at the moment the car passed her (still partly in the middle of the road), her car hit a deep pot hole and steered into the canal, where the car flipped upside down and the doors were blocked by the edges of the canal, while the car was beginning to fill with water. That is how her dream ended.

A few years down the road, while I was just a baby, she was driving back from the spa one night and reality hit her, that this was the dream she had. The road was now familiar and the car also; and she had both my brother and I in the car. When she saw the two headlights, she remembered what happened in the dream and instead of pulling over closer to the edge of the road, she slowed down. Sure enough the other car pulled out to pass and as she drove by the spot she would have been if she hadn't slowed down, she saw that the canal had washed out the edge of the road leaving a large hole.

Sometimes our dreams are messages from God, warnings of what may come to pass if we don't listen to Him, or even confirmations of what will come to pass if we are listening to Him.

I wouldn't call these experiences grounds for proving we are some kind of prophet as I think a true prophet would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is speaking to him. These still are, however, messages from God and we know that (as evident with Nebuchadnezzar) that God does send dreams to non-prophets.

I think it is good for us to share these experiences with other believers, because I am sure that we are not alone in recieving messages from God via dreams.
MChat
Supporting Member

Postby mabell28 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:07 pm

A bit of an apology is in order...I missed the fact that you wrote up answers to the questions I asked. I hopped around in the threads/links you provided, and missed them....grrr...hate it when I do that. Also, I suspected you wanted their privacy protected and that is why I mentioned it.

Also...sorry for my barrage....I should have taken even more time to ask pointed questions...I too am at work and took a lot of time to clarify but didn't do enough.

As for my "get over it"...I should have written "get used to it"...it was meant as a gentle..."all of us are going to get persecuted" kind of thing. Sorry for poor choice of words.

Water:

Sharing a vision doesn't mean it's right or I can't question it. I could share past hallucinations and it doesn't mean I shouldn't be questioned as to why I am doing it...what is my intent. Take note, this all qualifies as going under "Signs" due to verse 17. Don't you dare accuse me of "not believing God"...because there are also false prophets during these times as well as people having visions....ahhh...love the crowbar of "you are against God when you doubt "someone's word".

As I said..we need to all develop a bit of thicker skin. My "tone" isn't adverserial (sp?), it is questioning and doubting. I have seen people abused by false prophets. The only thing I did wrong was not read thoroughly...there was nothing I said that was out of line, and in fact jjrear put into his text the very things I was looking for....I missed them due to my own inability, which proves those things needed to be there.

If we can't question the motives and sincerety of a person who is claiming in one moment to be a mouth of God, then I am again in doubt at sincerety, due to the fact that if I were to be speaking for God, I would expect many to question me, and many more even to have harm in their hearts against me.

Again...to be clear...I don't know why God doesn't use clear images now that we are in it, and this is between me and God....I have seen more than one ego-mainiac person thinking they are the one and only person here and there who is a prophet...and have seen the glazed look in Christian eyes when they are speaking of them, holding them up in some higher spot....and the reason is the prophet is giving them proof the supernatural exists, or that they have some higher calling than the rest of us.

There are way more false prophets than true ones...again if you don't believe me, look to the Old Testament.

mabell28/Michael

I use both and have many times, depending on the point of heart I am getting across.
mabell28

Postby Favoritetopic on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:15 pm

Water...OH MY. What you wrote about about God is beautiful!!! I had a horrible day yesterday, still with me a bit, and reading that I felt the Holy Spirit well up and just wipe the negativity from my soul.

THANK YOU - I needed that bit of worship...that is what it was for me.

Mabell28, I understand your caution here, but if you read everything jjrear did before posting his visions on here, you'll see he was concerned, cautious, and was leery about having to provide 'feedback' to people who were going to come against him. You say you are skeptical but in the same note you've almost accused him of being a false profit. I think he's safe...if this is truly a gift from God then God will speak to your soul and you'll get the same confirmation that the rest of the Spirit filled believers on this site have received. I also don't mean to be pushy or 'scolding' but what you wrote about dreams...a dream or vision from God is not just another dream. You'll know it when you have one, you'll know it in the depth of your soul, it was from God...a message.

Is it Michael that had the dreams about people emerging from graves, then he goes up next? OH MY GOSH...now that speaks volumes about the rapture during our time!!!! I suppose you've probably 'experienced' it more closely than most. No back lash there please, just think that is great and truly a message/gift from God.

God is doing nothing new here, but I do believe He is prompting His people into action. For me, even more so now than ever - I feel like this is just more confirmation for me that Christ's return will be in our lifetime.

Thanks all for sharing, this is very special to me and I appreciate the depth and even the giggle (leg growing), shows God will use even comical things to get His message across! I agree harboring bitterness and unforgiveness causes physical harm, kinda like a disease. Thank God He rescued you from that!

You are all awesome, truly a pleasure to 'meet' all of you here. Thanks for helping me in my walk and with my future.
DOH!
Favoritetopic

Postby harpazo hope on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:11 pm

Again...to be clear...I don't know why God doesn't use clear images now that we are in it, and this is between me and God...

Daniel was in "it" when he had visions about the Persians taking over the Babylonians. But his vision was still symbolic and needed interpretation.
"I won't be satisfied until my form of godliness requires God."
GS Megaphone
harpazo hope

Postby lauterbacher on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:25 pm

what is awesome is that this is a web site were people can actually share that they have dreams and visions from the Lord. (If this was somewhere else on another board you would be a heretic.
lauterbacher

Postby MarvelousMom on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Favoritetopic wrote:...a dream or vision from God is not just another dream. You'll know it when you have one, you'll know it in the depth of your soul, it was from God...a message.

God is doing nothing new here, but I do believe He is prompting His people into action. For me, even more so now than ever - I feel like this is just more confirmation for me that Christ's return will be in our lifetime.

:a3:
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:15 pm

He was into precognitive dreams & stuff but also has the feeling that the souls lost on that day somehow traveled back in time to him.

:umno:
Salty Skipper

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:31 pm

Michael,

Take a deep breath. Water was not questioning your faith. 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Ok, now.

I have no problems with you asking questions or being skeptical. I would be more concerned if no one did. We are called to be Bereans, so good on ya.

That said, since I had already addressed a number of your expressed concerns and you were pressing them anyway, it seemed you were being a bit combative. I pushed back a little, you got the message. I can understand overlooking things, that happens to all of us.

Now, on to a more positive note, your concern for the body, and sheep being mislead, is really admirable. I think everyone should note that concern and appreciate it for the love that it conveys. That is love, in action, at the risk of being misunderstood. Remember, this side of Heaven, no good deed goes unpunished.

I am looking for answers here, just like you are. I just have very different questions. I want to know what do I do with this info. In over 5 years, I shared it with 13 people (including my wife, my son and my pastor). That is really very few. I am not wanting to be raised up, but I am looking for guidance.

There are a whole series of unique questions I am faced with. Is this just a private message just for me? To late in this case. Do I take my giftedness and talents and spread it further? I have the ability to communicate intelligently and convincingly and I can lead. Do I use that or not? You see, I have no doubts about it coming true (though I might really be crazy), I am just not sure what to do.

Do I close down my business? What does that do to my employees? What about my son that has major medical issues? I need health insurance to cover that, so can I really quit my business? What about life insurance? Seems pointless, unless my children are not saved and they may need it.

If you do not seriously consider these issues, then you are not convinced you are in the end times. I am convinced, I am just not sure what to do. This is from a person that is usually very sure about everything I do, to the point of being arrogant (another noted sin).

So, I have infected all of you with my dilemma. What say you?

JR

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:33 pm

lauterbacher wrote:what is awesome is that this is a web site were people can actually share that they have dreams and visions from the Lord. (If this was somewhere else on another board you would be a heretic.

If you read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I was really concerned about that. I looked for assurance, and received it.

I do appreciate this forum and I am hoping for some real direction.
Last edited by JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JR

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:36 pm

If you do not seriously consider these issues, then you are not convinced you are in the end times. I am convinced, I am just not sure what to do

I hear ya JJ! I feel the same way. It has come down to listening as closely as I can. I am trying to exclude unnecessary distractions to hearing what the Lord is telling me. Lately, the past 3 or 4 months, I can hear Him much louder and clearer. I have been praying that I would hear and understand. The visions and dreams that He has given me has lead to being more in tune with the Lord and more willing to listen. Before, I let too many other things get in the way.

Right now, everything that is outside of my walk with the Lord is just noise. I only want to listen to what He has to say so that I will be prepared. My spouse and I each own businesses, and I have thought much about what we will end up doing. We don't have any specifics yet, but the Lord has been guiding us, and when the time comes, we will know what to do.

JMO
Salty
Salty Skipper

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:56 pm

MarvelousMom wrote:
Favoritetopic wrote:...a dream or vision from God is not just another dream. You'll know it when you have one, you'll know it in the depth of your soul, it was from God...a message.

:a3: :a3: :a3:

If you read my ACTS 2:17 posts, you will know the difference between a dream and a vision, at least for me.

I have all kinds of weird dreams. Sometimes I wake up angry, jealous or what ever. This is really different. Those dreams are quickly forgotten. These visions are etched in my memory. I can not forget them and I can not avoid them. They are routinely brought to my attention.

Of the 13 people I have previously shared this with, most of the later people I was prompted to share it with. I know Michael, another one of those weird special experiences, sorry, take it up with God. I have, he just does not care to explain Himself to me. :wink:

Anyway, I will be talking to them about something any number of different things, then the hairs on the back of my neck go up (that is a weird feeling) and I feel a prompting that says, tell them. My knee jerk reaction is, NOOOOO! But that is pointless, so I brace myself and look for the right time and say, "I have something I need to tell you".

I then get to experience that wonderful feeling of, "Are you nuts?", "What are your motives?", "Why are you sharing this with me?" ... and so on and so forth. You want a pregnant pause? That is one big one. The problem is I have no answers to any of those questions. I know my motives are pure, but try and convince someone of that, after you drop a bomb on them like this.

This is how it happened on this board. I just wanted to have an idea of what to expect, so I posted those other threads to find out what I needed to brace myself for. I actually appreciate Michael's questions, they just needed to be toned down a notch.

It is also difficult to explain to some one that has not experienced them. My pastor CM has never experienced one either, so he could only judge my reaction that morning and my conduct since then. I have found some comfort in meeting people here that have shared the same experience. That is one mark in the he is not crazy column.

JR

Postby mabell28 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:58 pm

I am facing the same type of life questions also.

I asked someone here who I trust and they said something that makes incredible sense to me, and it was part of what actually drove me to asking you questions.

Live your life as your choices see fit under the guidelines of God. God will let you know where to go with things as long as you are talking to him.

Right now, there is a calling on my heart to lighten my life.....get rid of things, (I hold almost no material things in my heart.....not saintly here, but it is just that I seem to have been swept clear of it...and not of my own accord).

I was given a fun job at an incredible place, but before that happened, I submitted to authority on my last job and did all of what is asked. (You have no idea how hard that was for someone of my a-type personality). Yet, it was to tell me "vanity...all is vanity."

I think I know where God has told me I am to go, and it was confirmed by my wife the other night, last week. As you, I am holding it close to my heart because it isn't time to tell anyone yet.

So my only advice....words...whatever...are that God will move you in the right direction like...(sigh...so many phrases have had to be put by the wayside to please God...a struggle....like corn through a goose...howz that?)

Michael
mabell28

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:03 pm

I have all kinds of weird dreams. Sometimes I wake up angry, jealous or what ever. This is really different. Those dreams are quickly forgotten. These visions are etched in my memory. I can not forget them and I can not avoid them. They are routinely brought to my attention.

Good way of describing it. They are etched in your brain.
Salty Skipper

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 pm

MChat wrote:One interesting thing, before I was saved (but thought I was, thank the Lord for men like Paul Washer and my Pastor who preach the Truth!) I used to have dreams where my family was "flying off" and leaving me standing on the ground... in one dream I remember trying to grab hold of my brothers leg. At the time I dismissed them as irrational fears (after all I was saved wasn't I?); I realize now that they were a message from God telling me "Not So."

I have had another lady, nearly 30 years ago, share this same message with me. It was her dream. I was the one in the plane and she was not. I was pretty much a back slider at the time. It was when I moved out to CA, probably around 1978.

Thank you for sharing your mom's vision. It is reassuring.

JR

Postby JR on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:15 pm

mabell28 wrote:I am facing the same type of life questions also.

I asked someone here who I trust and they said something that makes incredible sense to me, and it was part of what actually drove me to asking you questions.

Live your life as your choices see fit under the guidelines of God. God will let you know where to go with things as long as you are talking to him.

Right now, there is a calling on my heart to lighten my life.....get rid of things, (I hold almost no material things in my heart.....not saintly here, but it is just that I seem to have been swept clear of it...and not of my own accord).

I was given a fun job at an incredible place, but before that happened, I submitted to authority on my last job and did all of what is asked. (You have no idea how hard that was for someone of my a-type personality). Yet, it was to tell me "vanity...all is vanity."

I think I know where God has told me I am to go, and it was confirmed by my wife the other night, last week. As you, I am holding it close to my heart because it isn't time to tell anyone yet.

So my only advice....words...whatever...are that God will move you in the right direction like...(sigh...so many phrases have had to be put by the wayside to please God...a struggle....like corn through a goose...howz that?)

Michael

Michael,

Type-A, really? I would never have guessed that. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I wonder if God is getting His soldiers ready. Did you see this thread?

What I am pointing to?

I am wondering if that is what I am suppose to be about. Getting the workers into the field. You seem to sense a leading. It also seems true for Salty and others. This would be a useful endeavor if we all can glean a clearer understanding of God's leading in our lives. I know that is what I have been struggling with.

I also see real similarities between Mike's vision in the ghost town and my own. How many different versions of the same message does it take to convince us? Two can be coincidental, but if God is giving this message to many, and they are all as hesitant as I was to say something, what then?

Part of this for me is cathartic and part is asking for other eyes for guidance. If you read my testimony, you know I put in a lot of hours to get my business started. Just like a lot of business owners. I found that sometimes, when I was programming, I would not be able to see the problem that was stumping me. I also found that when I asked for someone else to look at it, they found it out immediately. That is what I am hoping for here.

As a body of Christ, we are not to take on Living for the Lord, as Lone Rangers. We need each other, and the unique gifts of the Spirit each of us possess, to truly accomplish what God has intended for us.

This forum has opened up that opportunity for all of us. Let us do, as instructed in Hebrews, to encourage one another to good works.

Perhaps, some other day, I will post my What is Your Purpose message. It is also long, sorry, but I wrote it after seeing the Passion.

Do you all remember that movie? Remember how you felt after seeing it? What have we done since then? I am asking that question to myself also.

JR

Postby kat on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi!!! I am chiming in now....I just have a question...or statement that I think is a question cuz I am TIRED...and I don't know why I am still reading...ugh...I am interested in the dreams...but not sure why the whole journal is being divulged?? I guess for me...and my ADHD...I am not able to follow all of it...or am getting lost somewhere...sorry...and jjrear...hopefully by now you know how I feel about visions...test dreamer...according to their fruits...Ok...Here is my question...Aren't dreams or visions kind of pointless if we don't know what they are about??? I guess for me it falls under the same category as speaking in tongues...If I am in church just having a gay ol time speaking in tongues...and there is no one there to interpret what my "message" is...isn't that....just babbling???
Don't take this as me discounting your visions...I am just curious...
kat

Postby JR on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:37 am

kat wrote:Hi!!! I am chiming in now....I just have a question...or statement that I think is a question cuz I am TIRED...and I don't know why I am still reading...ugh...I am interested in the dreams...but not sure why the whole journal is being divulged?? I guess for me...and my ADHD...I am not able to follow all of it...or am getting lost somewhere...sorry...and jjrear...hopefully by now you know how I feel about visions...test dreamer...according to their fruits...Ok...Here is my question...Aren't dreams or visions kind of pointless if we don't know what they are about??? I guess for me it falls under the same category as speaking in tongues...If I am in church just having a gay ol time speaking in tongues...and there is no one there to interpret what my "message" is...isn't that....just babbling???
Don't take this as me discounting your visions...I am just curious...

Kate,

The journal was the medium I recorded things in. I included it up through 9/11, since there was some fruit being born, DF finding the Lord, and that there was some progress being made on that last home run concept. I also stopped at 9/11 to underscore the fact that this all happened before 9/11 and was not a by product of fear from those events.

I did include interpretations for each frame of the vision, so perhaps you might want to focus on the events of that first day. The other entries are really included to support that things were moving forward towards an end that would coincide with the vision (new software package etc.).

Good questions. My journal continues to 2006, but the entries are fewer and far between and they do not add much to this discussion. I have updated it to include entries about who I have shared it with, so I guess I should update it about sharing it here.

Anyway, that was my thinking about what I shared.

Here is an interesting side note. You can all draw your own conclusions. I mentioned above that we have moved since 2001 and this new place has all of these ravens (possible black dots) that congregate in the area.

Last year my mom, still living in Florida, decided to go up to Washington state to visit the area. Well my mom fell in love with the Spokane, Wa / Coeur d'Alene area. She is tired of the hurricanes in Florida. So, she tells me she intends to move there and is looking to sell her house next year.

Our daughter moved to Coeur d'Alene Idaho shortly there after. Completely unrelated with my mom's visit. Our daughter, getting married next month, is planning to have kids right away. My wife does not want to be living in So Cal, if our first grand kid is up in Idaho. So, in the first time in our 27 year marriage, it is quite likely that I will be living very near my mother. That has not happened since I moved away in 1977.

In this vision, I go out to greet mother. I said at the time that it was not either of our mothers, but I just find the possibilities really weird.

Perhaps I am grasping at straws here, but all of these circumstances were independent of my influence or control. We have been looking at property now in the Coeur d'Alene area since last year.

Anyway, nothing could come of this, but it does cause me to wonder. Does a vision cause us to make decisions, to make it true or is it just telling me what I was going to do anyway? A self fulfilling prophesy or God fulfilled one?

JR

Postby kat on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:37 pm

That's pretty cool to be close to your mom again!!! I'm sorry...I didn't mean to sound rude in my question or anything....when I see things...I know what I am seeing...that is why I asked...I have never had dreams that tell of things...well...I take that back...but it didn't tell of anything..I just took it as God helping me at the time...It was the night my mom died...Christmas Eve...and I was just so heartbroken...her death was not something I was prepared for...make a long story short...she was sick...sicker than we thought...and we had to take her off of life support...and did it on Christmas Eve...nice huh....anyway...I went home by myself...because my husbands father died 15 minutes before my mom of a massive heart attack...YUP...for real...So I was alone....and I CRIED like I have never cried...and I yelled I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!! I should say I screamed and yelled and cried that .....until I fell asleep...and I had a vision/dream of my mom in my kitchen...She told me she loves me and that she isn't really dead...that she just doesn't have her cumbersome body any more...The word cumbersome...THAT is the word she used...not in my daily vocabulary...anyway...I remember that so clearly....I have had other "visions" while awake...but not anything that is ultra explainable...just seen Jesus' face in the clouds...stuff like that...
I hope you find meaning in your visions...I hope you won't be troubled by them....God Bless. Kate
kat

Postby water on Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Acts 4
Peter and John before the Council
1While Peter and John were speaking to the people, the leading priests, the captain of the Temple guard, and some of the Sadducees came over to them. 2They were very disturbed that Peter and John were claiming, on the authority of Jesus, that there is a resurrection of the dead. 3They arrested them and, since it was already evening, jailed them until morning. 4But many of the people who heard their message believed it, so that the number of believers totaled about five thousand men, not counting women and children.[a]

5The next day the council of all the rulers and elders and teachers of religious law met in Jerusalem. 6Annas the high priest was there, along with Caiaphas, John, Alexander, and other relatives of the high priest. 7They brought in the two disciples and demanded, "By what power, or in whose name, have you done this?"

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Leaders and elders of our nation, 9are we being questioned because we've done a good deed for a crippled man? Do you want to know how he was healed? 10Let me clearly state to you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed in the name and power of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, the man you crucified, but whom God raised from the dead. 11For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says,

`The stone that you builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.'[b]

12There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them."

13The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men who had had no special training. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus. 14But since the man who had been healed was standing right there among them, the council had nothing to say. 15So they sent Peter and John out of the council chamber[c] and conferred among themselves.

16"What should we do with these men?" they asked each other. "We can't deny they have done a miraculous sign, and everybody in Jerusalem knows about it. 17But perhaps we can stop them from spreading their propaganda. We'll warn them not to speak to anyone in Jesus' name again." 18So they called the apostles back in and told them never again to speak or teach about Jesus.

19But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? 20We cannot stop telling about the wonderful things we have seen and heard."

21The council then threatened them further, but they finally let them go because they didn't know how to punish them without starting a riot. For everyone was praising God 22for this miraculous sign--the healing of a man who had been lame for more than forty years.

The Believers Pray for Courage
23As soon as they were freed, Peter and John found the other believers and told them what the leading priests and elders had said. 24Then all the believers were united as they lifted their voices in prayer: "O Sovereign Lord, Creator of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-- 25you spoke long ago by the Holy Spirit through our ancestor King David, your servant, saying,

`Why did the nations rage?
Why did the people waste their time with futile plans?

The kings of the earth prepared for battle;
the rulers gathered together
against the Lord
and against his Messiah.'[d]
27"That is what has happened here in this city! For Herod Antipas, Pontius Pilate the governor, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel were all united against Jesus, your holy servant, whom you anointed. 28In fact, everything they did occurred according to your eternal will and plan. 29And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give your servants great boldness in their preaching. 30Send your healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus."

31After this prayer, the building where they were meeting shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. And they preached God's message with boldness.

The Believers Share Their Possessions
32All the believers were of one heart and mind, and they felt that what they owned was not their own; they shared everything they had. 33And the apostles gave powerful witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God's great favor was upon them all. 34There was no poverty among them, because people who owned land or houses sold them 35and brought the money to the apostles to give to others in need.

36For instance, there was Joseph, the one the apostles nicknamed Barnabas (which means "Son of Encouragement"). He was from the tribe of Levi and came from the island of Cyprus. 37He sold a field he owned and brought the money to the apostles for those in need.

water

Postby mabell28 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:18 pm

Pardon me while I take this off on a siding for a second.

It has come to my attention people have been concerned about my posting toward jjrear and water. I think I was clear about my apologies to jjrear, and why I asked what I did.

As for water, I was asked:

[quote]Mabell, do you believe God? Do you believe what he says is true?[/quote]

I can say yes, or no.

If I say no....well, that means I have been a liar since the first post.

Of course the answer is yes, however, then why ask?

It was done in such a way, that other Christians have manipulated me and ones I love. It was using scripture with the accusation of "don't you believe?".....that hit a very very sore spot in me.

I was raised Catholic, and went to seminary....and then was part of a bunch of religions here and there, but the one thing that I despised in all, was the idea that because I was arguing or seeking truth, that I was assumed to be "not a believer".....and even after I became a Christian, it was...."you haven't been in Christ/fit in mother nature, etc.. long enough....I know why you believe the way you do.....or, just submit to authority, etc.. etc..

My crowbar comment was out of line, it was a sarcastic comment I should not have made.

...but don't infer in any fashion I don't believe in God...I spent a long hard time getting here, and the enemy is always pecking at me in that area and I will get angry easy....but not as easy now as I fell in a trap of the mind.

This thread was temptation to me of sorts. It dealt with the two things that kept me away from Christians...prophecy/false prophecy and sarcasm/false accusation.

A final note to any who read this. If you do have a problem with me, please hit the pm button...going to someone else is not what we are to do. If you are a Christian here, I am your brother and will hear your words. If I have hurt you, I will apologize, or if I have said something out of line, I will apologize or clarify. If you talk to someone else about a problem with me, without talking to me first, you are gossiping.

If you find you cannot reach me/or discuss something with me, then by all means, that is why the mods are around, to assist in this area. (one of their many thankless jobs).

Water, if I hurt you, my apologies. What you said, I let get under my skin.

Love,

Michael
mabell28

Postby water on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:48 pm

Thanks for clarifying and apologizing, Michael.

I have bullet-proof skin (5 years in the Marines will endow one with such) and I never take words, spoken or otherwise, too seriously.

My statement about believing God was more rhetorical...I am really sorry if you thought I was questioning your faith.

I know that some parts of the Bible are not immediately clear to us, but the rest I take at face value. If God says he will give us dreams and visions in the end days, I believe it. Even if I dont understand it...I choose to believe it will happen as he says it will.

I can tell you about a revelation God gave me once that might be of use to some here.

Not long after I was saved I was really struggling with purpose and meaning. I wanted to do something for God, I wanted to do big thins for God, I really wanted to be a big player in God's plans. You get my point.

One afternoon I was at a friends house who had two children. While the mother was getting ready, I was sitting in the living room waiting. I could see through the kitchen to the dining room where the daughter was playing...she was about 3 years old...such a sweet and innocent age. I was watching her play with some toy, her imagination was amazing, she was talking to the toy and making the toy talk back to her. I was just mesmerized by how beautiful, sweet, and innocent she was...I could have watched her play like that all day.

Suddenly she stopped, looked around and noticed me watching her. She became self conscious and though she went back to playing, she knew I was watching and I could see that she was emberrassed...so her entire attitude changed, kind of ruining what I was enjoying so much.

Just then the Lord broke into the scene and told me, "That is my pleasure in you (not just me, but in many of his children). If I tell you what your specific purpose is, you won't be able to carry it out."

From that day on I was completely satisfied in my heart to never know what my specific purpose or mission is on this earth. Simply knowing that God has a purpose and mission for me was enough. Even after I die...if I live all of eternity without knowing, I will be satisfied knowing that I DO have a purpose and mission. I never need to know it. If I only exist for my Lords pleasure, as it was for me watching that innocent and sweet child play, I could not hope for anything more.

When we look around us and start comparing ourselves to others, we are really slapping the Lord in the face because we are showing we are not really content in just existing for him.

When we take the Lord's words at face value and simply trust him for all things, the big, the small, and everything in between, not grumbling that we don't have this gift or that we are not as pretty as such and such, then we can just live in total peace and joy, being content in our Lord and in how he made us.

Now I will never say I am perfect, I struggle with a job that is semi-meaningless to me...we are just sinful beings that way. The Lord will perfect us in his timing. Until then, it is nice knowing that though we walk in the valley of death's shadow, we are safe and eternally secure in our Master, the King of Creation.

water

Postby JR on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Michael,

You and I have talked. You know that I bare no ill will towards your sincere questioning.

Please, everyone, I take Michaels concerns as valid questions. Michael is right to question, and I appreciate that he showed concern for the body, to make sure I was not a serpant let loose in the body.

His sincere requests should simply be appreciated as his concern for the body.

I hope this settles this issue for all involved.
JR

Postby mabell28 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:38 am

Amen!

This is how it's supposed to work!!!

Halleleujah and all that!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Michael
mabell28

Postby kat on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:22 pm

:a3: Michael...you remind me of a male version of myself...Which I think is a good thing...but sometimes I unintentionally offend people too...and you seem to have the same ability...isn't it such fun!!? (sarcasm) I was once told that I am sarcastic and caustic...and I said....That is the same thing....doh....
Hang in there...keep asking the questions...questioning is good...it is those who don't stand up to questioning...that is when we know....something isn't right...
I love this board....we all question...then stand up for each other like brothers in arms...and we all make mistakes and we end up getting right with each other again...it is so cool to see...and it happens alot...Must really irk the demons that try to infiltrate...lol...God Bless all of you out there in FP land... :armor:
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Wow. I sure hope that the people on the sidelines read ALL the posts here. To see how it's traveled...how the body SHOULD work..

Bravo! and :a3:

Michael, JJRear, Water...

I will now do the banana dance for you...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:28 pm

Ahh Churchgirl...the dance should never be done alone!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
kat

I should have sole right to the bananas

Postby hoshianna on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:14 am

:spin:
hoshianna

Postby Asuran on Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:05 am

water wrote:Just then the Lord broke into the scene and told me, "That is my pleasure in you (not just me, but in many of his children). If I tell you what your specific purpose is, you won't be able to carry it out."

From that day on I was completely satisfied in my heart to never know what my specific purpose or mission is on this earth. Simply knowing that God has a purpose and mission for me was enough. Even after I die...if I live all of eternity without knowing, I will be satisfied knowing that I DO have a purpose and mission. I never need to know it. If I only exist for my Lords pleasure, as it was for me watching that innocent and sweet child play, I could not hope for anything more.

When we look around us and start comparing ourselves to others, we are really slapping the Lord in the face because we are showing we are not really content in just existing for him.

Hey Water, that was great. I really enjoyed that...since I am a guy who always questions if I'm doing the right things every step of the way. This has resulted in great dissatisfaction and constant second guessing.
Asuran

Postby Blessings2U on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Kate, I loved the dream about your mom. My dad died of a massive heart attack a few years ago (3 years in Oct) He went into a coma and we had to disconnect him too. VERY hard!!! I cried like a baby! (I am the baby!) I have tears just thinking about it. I cried and cried to LORD that I didn't get to say goodbye and how much I missed him for months.

I had a dream where dad walked into our living room, gave me a big hug and said "I love you. Everythings going to be fine and I'm sorry". I know in my heart that the LORD let us have this good-bye to give me peace. And my dad apologized for all the times he was mean and hateful to me. He was very sick and would say awful things to me...and he was apologizing for it. I had always forgiven him and would always pray REAL hard before I would go see him that God would guard my heart.

God is always faithful!
Blessings2U

Postby lahalbo on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:07 am

water wrote:If I only exist for my Lords pleasure, as it was for me watching that innocent and sweet child play, I could not hope for anything more.

I just read that today and it brought tears to my eyes. I to want to do great things for my Lord and pray constantly that he works through me. If and/or when He wants me to do more then He will guide me. And on another note, maybe I've already fulfulled what he put me here for and I am just living the rest of my life to His pleasure. Hopefully THAT made sense.

Thanks, Water!
lahalbo

Postby LVSaint on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:10 am

What I am pointing to?

I am wondering if that is what I am suppose to be about. Getting the workers into the field. You seem to sense a leading. It also seems true for Salty and others. This would be a useful endeavor if we all can glean a clearer understanding of God's leading in our lives. I know that is what I have been struggling with.

JR,

The first time I read that above quoted thread, and just now, when I read through it again, I feel the Holy Spirit very strongly. Even when I first read through some of your posts a few weeks ago I felt agreement with what you were writing.

I don't know if it is the same for other people, or if it is the gift of discernment, or what, but for the last few years I have noticed that there are times when I can be talking to someone, or praying about something or I'll read something, and I'll feel the Holy Spirit so strongly that I have no doubt that what I've just heard/ felt/ thought is true.

It's like a spiritual confirmation or agreement for me. It is only when dealing with spiritual things that this happens.

Is this something every spirit filled person experiences on a daily basis?

Anyways, I just wanted you to know that I feel very strongly that you are being led by the Holy Spirit. I really feel that God has an incredible work for your life and you are and have been walking in his will.

God bless. I will be praying for you.
LVSaint

Postby JR on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:53 am

LVSaint wrote:

What I am pointing to?

JR,

The first time I read that above quoted thread, and just now, when I read through it again, I feel the Holy Spirit very strongly. Even when I first read through some of your posts a few weeks ago I felt agreement with what you were writing.

I don't know if it is the same for other people, or if it is the gift of discernment, or what, but for the last few years I have noticed that there are times when I can be talking to someone, or praying about something or I'll read something, and I'll feel the Holy Spirit so strongly that I have no doubt that what I've just heard/ felt/ thought is true.

It's like a spiritual confirmation or agreement for me. It is only when dealing with spiritual things that this happens.

Is this something every spirit filled person experiences on a daily basis?

Anyways, I just wanted you to know that I feel very strongly that you are being led by the Holy Spirit. I really feel that God has an incredible work for your life and you are and have been walking in his will.

God bless. I will be praying for you.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I wish I could feel that leading, every day, but I do not. Funny, while reading your post, I could feel it. It was like the Holy Spirit is telling me Amen. Thanks for bringing that into my life.

When I do experience it, it is like the hairs on the back of my neck go up. It is not scary, but I have learned that is when the Spirit is confirming or prodding me to do something. I felt that prompting with the first 12 men I shared my 2nd vision with. I can tell you honestly, sometimes I reluctantly shared it, but I have learned to listen and obey when this happens.

I may be teaching a Sunday School class in the not to distant future. It is not a permanent thing, but I believe I am going to incorporate my 'What is your purpose' message. Anyway, I hope this is the start of things.

A member of this board had a vision, regarding me. The vision showed me on the beach at sunrise. I was in a silhouette, with a small flame in my chest.

Then the following words were spoken. The time is now. Now is the time. Now.

I took a step forward and burst into flames. From that point on, everything I touched turned into flames. The flames were not consuming, but did engulf me and everything I touched.

I interpreted that to say the Holy Spirit is going to use me in ministry. Right now, I want that more than life itself. I have believed this to be part of my purpose, since I was very young. I have no idea what ministry, but I know God will be leading and enabling me to accomplish His will.

Anyway, thank you again. You have lifted my spirit.

Last edited by JR on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JR

Postby Nocturne on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 am

water wrote:Mabell, do you believe God? Do you believe what he says is true?

Acts 2

`In the last days, God said,
I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.

In those days I will pour out my Spirit
upon all my servants, men and women alike,
and they will prophesy.

And I will cause wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below--
blood and fire and clouds of smoke.

The sun will be turned into darkness,
and the moon will turn bloodred,
before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives.

And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved.'[c]

Is there a need for such an adversarial tone with someone that is simply sharing a vision?

kind of seems like mabell is being told that if he doesn't accept this persons vision as being wholly true and from God, then mabell does not really believe in God or belive what God says is true.

Somebody gives a vision
mabell questions the vision and is asked Do you believe God ??(!!!)

Sorry, this just seems horribly insulting and condescending to Mabell.

Do you believe what he [God] says is true??

Sorry if I am reading into all this the wrong way, but seriously, that's how it seems. If Mabell (or anyone for that matter) question this person's vision, then their very faith and belief in God should be questioned???
Nocturne

Postby JR on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:46 am

Static,

If you read further, you will see that this was dealt with above in what I think was really a correct manner with a good outcome.
JR

Postby JR on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:21 am

For those that have read this in the past. We have put our home up for sale. Since this vision, my daughter and her husband and mother and my mother have all moved to Idaho. To an area that is very much cold, hilly and green, much like I imagine Ireland to be. Much like my vision. We are looking to move there also. I will likely be living very close to my mother for the first time in over 30 years.

All this depends on us selling our house in a very bad market. That alone would be a minor miracle. I wonder if I am doing this because of the vision or the vision just let me know I would be doing this.

My mother is at an age that requires me to be near to help her, so it would make sense that I should be near to lend her a hand. That does not explain her moving from Florida to Idaho. That was out of the blue and I still can not figure that one out. She is not aware of my vision.

One additional word on this vision. This April it will be 7 years since I had that vision. I have had no other vision since then. When thinking about my first vision, as explained in my "How I got here post", I realized that it was 7 years from the vision till the time my son got involved in alcohol, drugs and porn. My response to the vision did not change what was going to happen, according to the vision. My response prepared me to deal with what the vision said was going to happen.

I am just wondering if the first frame of this vision will be happening within the next few months. My gut says yes, but I have no other indication other than that.

Last edited by JR on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JR

Next

Return to SIGNS