UP TO US, WHAT HERB THINKS (11/20/06)

Latest prophecy related news.

UP TO US, WHAT HERB THINKS (11/20/06)

Postby nonymouse on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:32 pm

nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby Mttw633 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:51 pm

It's up to us to make sure we're available to him. It's imperative that we have clean hands and a pure heart-to make us accessible to be used. It's not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit...
Mttw633

Postby Sozoed on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:50 pm

Mttw633 wrote:It's up to us to make sure we're available to him. It's imperative that we have clean hands and a pure heart-to make us accessible to be used. It's not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit...

Amen! I've been putting away 'childish things' recently and putting my hand to the plow, so to speak. Really praying for and getting involved with my local church, and evangelizing every day. I feel better now, when I read Herb's assessments of what's going down in our world because of this...I am praying daily to be used of Him in the time we have left.
Sozoed

Postby BeTheMoon on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Good article, Herb!

Lately, with Rick Warren, Syria, Iran, N Korea, US policy, etc., I've been wondering what's going on; trying to put pieces together.

I settle on confusion and let things be. Like surfing: we don't make the wave, we ride it.
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Watcher on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Herb,

Today in my bible study, the Holy Spirit showed me something that I never really paid attention to before. And surprisingly, you stated in your commentary today, EXACTLY what the Holy Spirit showed me.

Here's what you said that caught my eye:

"What convinced me was the part in Hal's book about the rebirth of Israel and the revival of the old Roman Empire -- two things that I could see for myself."

I hope this is an encouragement to you. Here's what the Holy Spirit showed me today, from Luke 21:29-31.

"And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand."

Do you see it there in verse 30?

When trees begin to put forth leaves, you can see for yourself that summer is near, and that it will soon come to pass. You don’t need anyone to tell you this, because you can see it for yourself.

In the same way, when you see “these things” that Jesus spoke of (the signs), begin to come to pass, you can see for yourself that the kingdom of God is near and will soon come to pass. You don‘t need anyone to tell you this, because you can see it for yourself.
Watcher

Postby Herb on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:22 pm

That is really an interesting point. I may use that in a commentary. Thanks for sharing that Watcher!

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Postby OneOfTheseDays on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:31 pm

With these recent events, mixed with my discovering of Way of the Master radio :grin: , I don't think I've ever had a burden to share the word of God like I do now.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It was hard at first, but now I'm finally learning to "despise the shame." And praise the Lord!
OneOfTheseDays

Postby LATEFATHER on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:50 pm

It is also interesting to note that Rick Warren is said to admit that he is a member of the CFR and Oxford Analytica.

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/nov200 ... 1120-2.htm

He is obviously driven to do this.
Only Jesus Saves,

LATEFATHER.
LATEFATHER

Postby nonymouse on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:08 pm

Imho, it was bit more than "admit." Perhaps "bragged" would be a more apt description.

2 cents worth.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby Watcher on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:58 am

Herb wrote:That is really an interesting point. I may use that in a commentary. Thanks for sharing that Watcher!

Herb
Here's something else I thought was interesting, and that I've noticed in a new way.

Luk 21:29 says:

"And he spake to them a parable; BEHOLD the fig tree, and all the trees;"

Jesus says, BEHOLD, or "look and pay attention to" the "fig tree", first of all.........and then "all the trees”.

He refers to the “fig tree” as being a specific kind of tree in nature, and biblically, it is the specific nation of Israel. “All the trees” that Jesus spoke of next, then, are general trees in nature and biblically, all the general nations.

He's saying to look and pay attention to the specific nation of Israel and all the other, general nations, in the context of signs of the end times.

Now, from the “Jewish dispersion” until 1948, Israel did not even exist as a nation. So, until then, there was nothing to “look and pay attention to”.

Also, before the advent of technology, it would have been nearly impossible to “look and pay attention to ” all the other nations, let alone non-existent Israel.

With no radio, TV, Internet, worldwide newspapers, magazines, worldwide transportation systems, etc., it would be awfully difficult to access information even about our own nation, let alone other ancient nations.

But now, Daniel’s prophecy makes perfect sense…..regarding the end times, when KNOWLEDGE would be increased and people would travel TO and FRO.

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Dan 12:4

The words of Daniel's prophecy have been "shut up" and "sealed" to the "time of the end".

I believe Dan.12:4 parallels what Jesus was talking about in the passage of Luke. It would not be until the time of the end, that it would even be POSSIBLE to BEHOLD the "fig tree" and "all the trees".

When Jesus said to "Behold the fig tree" (the Nation of Israel), He would not have been speaking to any generation before 1948, because there was no national Israel (fig tree) to BEHOLD before that time. We ARE the generation for whom it is possible to behold the fig tree. We are the generation that can see it.

This simply confirms in my mind, that we are in the END TIMES, specifically recognizable because, #1, Israel is in fact EXISTING as a nation after being NON-EXISTENT for almost 2000 years. And #2, our world has been changed with lightning speed, in just the last century, by a flood of technology, which has ENABLED God's people to do just what Jesus said to do.............WATCH!

This was not possible before, because there was no "fig tree" to look at and pay attention to, and so it proves to me that Jesus was speaking to our generation when He said to Behold the fig tree and all the trees. We are the ones who can literally SEE THESE THINGS COMING TO PASS.... other generations could not. Praise God.
Last edited by Watcher on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher

Postby tsth on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:42 am

Very Powerful!!!!

Thank you for sharing that, watcher.

In His Love,
Suzanne
tsth

Postby LATEFATHER on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm

Yes nony, I was going to use the word 'boasted' but thought it might sound over the top. Apparently not.
Only Jesus Saves,

LATEFATHER.
LATEFATHER

Postby Sozoed on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 pm

tsth wrote:Very Powerful!!!!

Thank you for sharing that, watcher.

In His Love,
Suzanne

I second Suzanne's thoughts here, Watcher! That commentary was excellent and makes perfect sense. I'm going to share this with some prayer warriors in my church...with your name on it of course! :mrgreen:
Sozoed

Amen

Postby brett on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:04 pm

We are the ones who can literally SEE THESE THINGS COMING TO PASS.... other generations could not. Praise God.

Amen, we're so very priviledged to be the generation that is able to witness and experience all these amazing fulfilments of prophecy. The whole book of revelations was practically tailored for us. I'm just can't wait to see the 2 witnesses come on the scene, for some reason I feel like Benjamin Netanyahu has a significant role to play still????. Anyway Good post.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby Blessedayers on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 am

You don‘t need anyone to tell you this, because you can see it for yourself.

:a3:

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have told you all things beforehand.

Joh 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe.

Joh 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18
As thou didst send me into the world, even so sent I them into the world.
Joh 17:19
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
Joh 17:20
Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21
that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.
Blessedayers

Postby Watcher on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm glad my post was encouraging. I think we need all we can get, right? Especially since so many churches are neglecting to teach about the end times. Which brings me to another recent discovery, so to speak.

In addition to the previous verses I mentioned from Luke, there's another passage in Matthew that says:

44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite [his] fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Mat 24:44-51

The verse that stood out to me here is verse 45. I'm hoping this will also be an encouragement to Herb and others who are busily giving meat to the saints of God in "due season".

You see, as I studied this, I realized that this faithful and wise servant depicts people like Herb.

When I looked up "due season" in Strong's , one definition described it as:

a) a fixed and definite time, the time when things are brought to crisis, the decisive epoch waited for
I believe that this verse is speaking specifically to the servant living in the end-times (which is the context of the passage), who KNOWS we are in the end-times, or the "due season", and is giving the saints the warning and instruction that they need.

Verse 45 implies that not all servants of Christ, will give the saints end-times teaching (“give them meat in due season”). Of course we all know how true this is.

"Meat" is the word used to describe "teaching" or "doctrine".

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Heb. 5:12

Here's my paraphrase of v. 45....what I think it's referring to:

Who then is a faithful and wise servant of Christ, that believes in and watches for the fulfillment of bible prophecy, whom God has put in a place of leadership, to give the saints the end-time teaching that they need, when they see the season for His return beginnning to come to pass.
When the "due season" came upon us, which I believe it did in 1948, it was time for the church to wake up and WATCH. Unfortunately, many churches do not teach anything about the end-times. How can this be? Do verses 48-51 give us a clue?

Therefore, God has raised up regular people, not "leaders" of churches, to teach the saints about end-time prophecy that relates to real events taking place in our world on a daily basis.

Thanks Herb. Your ability to dicipher the workings of the EU and your willingness to translate them for us in a way we can understand is very much appreciated. V. 46-47 of the above passage says this:

Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods
Watcher

Postby Kneeologian on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:26 pm

:a3: Watcher! Good posts. I fully agree with your assessment of Herb's ministry and latter-day role.
"This is the day which the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it." Ps. 118:24
Kneeologian

Postby nonymouse on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Ditto.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

jews returning to Israel

Postby dweav256 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:51 pm

Hello Watcher,
You make some outstanding points about the fig tree. My faith was strengthened when I learned about Israel's rebirth in 1948.

Another interesting point, about Israel, is the Jewish people that have been returning to Israel from all areas of the Globe. Somewhere in the bible this is mentioned, and tied to the end times.

Also, it has fascinated me that people have been trying to do-away-with the Jewish people for thousands of years, and they're still here. However, some of the empires that wanted to crush this little goup of people, have crumbled. For example, the old Roman empire, Germany (lost the war), Persia, old Egypt, and Babylon, to name a few.

Another interesting item, I find it interesting anyway, is it is said that Jerusalem is the center of the universe... well look at a world map, it is in the center, on modern world maps.

There are many (many is an understatement) interesting things in the bible. The bible states that man's thinking is "foolishness." One area I can use as an example is... scientist believe that the Sun is older than the Earth (by millions of years); however in the bible, on day 1 the lord clearly states that the earth was created, and on a later day (I believe it is day 4) the sun and moon were created. Therefore science is wrong on the Sun/Earth dates, or the bible is (the bible is not wrong).
bye,
Don
dweav256

Return to What you think (About news)