The phone call: Solana & Ahmadinejad

Latest prophecy related news.

The phone call: Solana & Ahmadinejad

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:17 pm

European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to phone Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a bid to resolve the current stand-off over the arrested 15 British sailors who illegally entered Iran's territorial waters on March 23, the online site of the weekly Der Spiegel news magazine reported Saturday.

"It has to be resolved. The Iranian leadership has to understand that this is not a bilateral problem but a problem of the EU," said Solana who was attending an informal meeting of the EU's 27 foreign ministers in the north German port city of Bremen.

Iran has made clear that the arrest of the British sailors was a bilateral issue and warned other countries of interfering in the case.

"Britain should accept that it has violated Iran's waterways and should guarantee that this will not be repeated," Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki was quoted as saying earlier.

Based on the information obtained from the British Global Positioning System (GPS), 15 British servicemen trespassed into Iran's territorial waters aboard two navy vessels last week.

Several arrested British naval troopers have already confessed to having violated Iran's territorial waters on March 23 and have extended their apologies to the Iranian nation.

The British government had pledged earlier not to trespass in Iranian waters again after their naval units violated Iranian territory in a similar incursion in 2004.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-2 ... 182646.htm
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Passion on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:19 pm

:snack:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:22 pm

Pass the popcorn

:snack:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lookfortruth on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:24 pm

I am going to need more than a snack on this one, my mothers is flying to visit us on April 7th!Image

Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:32 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lookfortruth on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks BTM, lets just hope I can fit in the truck after that to pick her up from the airport!!!!!!! :lol:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Re: The phone call: Solana & Ahmadinejad

Postby joshua1:9 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Based on the information obtained from the British Global Positioning System (GPS), 15 British servicemen trespassed into Iran's territorial waters aboard two navy vessels last week.

Which Gps system were they refering too? The Iranian one or the American one?
joshua1:9

Postby mouserpg on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:06 pm

European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to phone Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I thought that was really funny when I first read it. It's like his every move is documented. Next thing I expect to see the following news articles:

• European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to read a newspaper
  • European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to go upstairs and go to bed tonight.
  • European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to...

I have a weird sense of humor. :roll:
mouserpg

Postby BeTheMoon on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:13 pm

:rolllaughing:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Input

Postby brett on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:15 pm

On a more serious note :)

I am seeing this crisis as Solana's first little moment of glory in the global limelight, he's using it to his advantage. I do not believe this will lead to any kind of war. I beleive this will instead be the first moment of glory for Solana - he will have success where no one else presently has by convincing the Iranians to release the soldiers. This is also going to give Solana favour in the eyes of Britons - which to date have been generally against the whole EU thing. So this I believe is going to be a win win for Solana and on all fronts. He will in effect show himself superior to the US and Britain - by his success - but he will also show himself as a friend (helper) of the US and Britian - and I can just see this as establishing his "Peace Negotiating" credentials - making the world have faith in him for future direction and decisions on other major issues.

Its all very interesting.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby mouserpg on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:31 pm

Brett, I felt the same way.
mouserpg

Postby sherrimae on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:59 pm

I don't know if JS can pull this off or not. He has failed in his previous discussions with Iran. But if he does succeed he will probably get lots of international press coverage. And it would set him up to try for that elusive Middle East peace deal (although I'm sure he's already involved behind the scenes).
sherrimae

Postby Hanani45 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:56 am

mouserpg wrote:
European Union foreign policy chief, Javier Solana plans to go upstairs and go to bed tonight

Knowing the rumours surrounding his traveling times and lifestyle habits, I think that one might actually constitute a headline :wink:
Hanani45

Follow Up

Postby brett on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:18 am

Of course what I wrote was and is just speculation. Only God knows whats going to happen, I'm just trying to guess it or figure it out how it makes sence to me. Could be totally wrong, maybe this could lead to a war (or almost to a war) and then that in itself could make the whole Peace Deal in the middle east an even bigger issue and ignite further passion and urgency to quickly secure peace. ?? Who knows really.... I guess I shouldn't say things with too much certainty - because who knows really, just wait and watch what happens I guess :snack:
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby Vigilantius on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:28 am

I can't say I blame Iran for their actions here. Of course, I don't think they should have nukes and all that... but if a potentially hostile country's military is trespassing in your country/waters, how secure would you feel?

Example: Hugo Chavez's Venezuelan military sends scout ships and subs off the coast of California, crossing into United States territorial waters, what would we do?

I realize this may be an unpopular stance, but I think we need to be fair here.
Vigilantius
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 pm

With this spineless Administration we have--nothing.

And what about the proof that they were in not in Iran's territory?
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby OneOfTheseDays on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Vigilantius wrote:but if a potentially hostile country's military is trespassing in your country/waters, how secure would you feel?

Yeah, but they weren't. It was Iraqi waters. I see the point you are trying to make, but you have to admit that the Iranians are just trying to flex their muscles, and putting 15 lives in harms way.
OneOfTheseDays

Postby mightymac on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:19 pm

there are reports that the mexican army crosses the US's borders regularly....
Carolyn

'Was listening to some beautiful Christmas music - so lovely that it brought tears to my eyes. So I asked my youngest daughter, 16, who was doing homework, "I wonder what all the angels in heaven sound like when they are singing Glory to God?"
Without hesitation, she simply replied, "Warm."
mightymac

Postby Passion on Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:00 pm

I've read that, too. And like I said.....with our spineless Administration.....nothing.

Passion

Postby Vigilantius on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:54 am

mightymac wrote:there are reports that the mexican army crosses the US's borders regularly....

Is Mexico considered hostile toward us, though?

If this whole Security and Properity Partnership/North American Union thing is for real, we'll probably be combining armed forces with them eventually anyways.
Vigilantius
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:34 am

Vigilantius wrote:
mightymac wrote:there are reports that the mexican army crosses the US's borders regularly....

Is Mexico considered hostile toward us, though?

Only when they're shooting at the Border Patrol...as they have been doing lately. I'd call that hostile.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Matt 16:3 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 pm

BeTheMoon;
I don't mean to change the topic here but within the last couple of weeks you posted a link about the connection between the Clinton's and Strobe Talbot in relation to their plans for implimenting a one world government. Could you put that up again.
Thanks
You know how to interpret the
appearance of the sky
But you cannot interpret
the signs of the times.
Jesus of Nazareth
Matt 16:3

Postby member x on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:24 pm

just thought of this.

with Britian being in the EU - does this give Solana the opportunity to act on Rec 666??
member x
Supporting Member

Postby Matt 16:3 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:40 pm

I would say that yes it does. Here is an event that can prove Europe's resolve to act as one body if a member state is affected. It will be very interseting to see how this plays out from this viewpoint. As dependant as Europe is for Middle East oil I would expect several defections from the ranks if Solana dictates an armed move against Iran. Naturally the pun 'I Ran' comes to mind. Which nations will it apply to?
You know how to interpret the
appearance of the sky
But you cannot interpret
the signs of the times.
Jesus of Nazareth

Postby sherrimae on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:53 pm

JS might use Recommendation 666, depending on what happens. But I don't think he will solve the hostage situation. He has already said before that he doesn't favor military action against Iran. That probably makes him look weak in the eyes of the Iranians. JS has made several attempts to get the Iranians to stop their nuclear program without success.
sherrimae

Postby BeTheMoon on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:43 am

Matt 16:3 wrote:BeTheMoon;
I don't mean to change the topic here but within the last couple of weeks you posted a link about the connection between the Clinton's and Strobe Talbot in relation to their plans for implimenting a one world government. Could you put that up again.
Thanks

Your wish is my command :grin:
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23150

Several months ago, I wiki'd Clinton's history and Solana's history and there was a common link in the 60s too (I wonder if they hobnobbed)...

Wiki on Clinton:
With the aid of scholarships, Clinton attended the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University in Washington D.C., receiving a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (B.S.F.S.) degree in 1968. It was at Georgetown, that he interned for Arkansas Senator J. William Fulbright. While in college he became a brother of Alpha Phi Omega and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_clinton

Wiki on Solana:
In 1965 he went to the United States of America, where he spent six years studying at various universities on a Fulbright Scholarship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Solana

Wiki on the Fulbright Scholarship:
The program was created through the efforts of Arkansas Senator J. William Fulbright, who promulgated its passage through the US Senate in 1946. It is considered one of the most prestigious award programs and it operates in 144 countries. More Fulbright alumni have won Nobel Prizes than those of any other academic program, including two in 2002. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulbright_Program
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby BeTheMoon on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:18 pm

Here's an update on the phone call...

According to an informed source in Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) the telephone contact between Secretary of the council Ali Larijani and European Union foreign affairs chief Javier Solana Wednesday evening has been limited to the lack of any diversion in Iranian nuclear activities.

The source explained that Larijani told the European official that Tehran will not accept any pre-condition including suspension and time-out, adding that since the suspension is illogical, it cannot be a pre-condition or the result of any talks in this respect.

The same source remarked that Solana has offered opening of a new round of negotiations with Iran in this respect.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-2 ... 220742.htm

Solana's happy about the release of the Brits too:
The European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana is happy that the 15 British marines have now been released.

"We are pleased that they have been released. We are pleased that they were back home," Solana's spokesperson, Cristina Gallach, told IRNA in Brussels.

She said that Mr. Solana on Wednesday morning spoke to Ali Larijani, Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council related with the British naval personnel and Iran's nuclear issue.

Solana proposed a meeting with Larijani to create the conditions for negotiations, said Gallach, adding that they have decided to keep the channels of communication open.

"Dialogue and communication remain open," she told IRNA.

The date for the meeting yet to be set.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-2 ... 195457.htm
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Return to What you think (About news)