Mystery Babylon? Who, or What is it?

(heavily moderated)

Postby RickA on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am

Re 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour,

The Colors of Rome.

Re 17:4...and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls,

Re 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Re 17:4...having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Re 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

The Seven heads are

1) Egypt
2) Assyria
3) Babylonia
4) Medo-Persia
5) Greece
6) Rome
7) The Revived Roman Empire (The EU) with 10 horns

Re 17:7 ¶ And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Re 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

When John wrote Revelation, Rome ruled over the kings of the earth.
RickA

Postby Seeker on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi Rick A,

When John wrote Revelation, Rome ruled over the kings of the earth.

Rev 17

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Yes Rome "was" when John penned those words. That makes it kingdom #6. Notice though the beast (AC kingdom) "is not" while Rome "is". Rev 17 proves conclusively that it was not Rome. The 7th is after the 6th (Rome). The Ottoman Empire defeated Rome around 1500 AD becoming the 7th. The 8th is the AC not the 6th. Notice Rev 17:11 says the beast that "was" and "is not" (during John's time). Rev 17:11 tells us that Rome was not the beast. The 7th is also not the beast. Revived Rome is the 7th according to RRE. We know that to be false because the Ottoman was #7.

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby RickA on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:54 pm

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Yes Rome "was" when John penned those words. That makes it kingdom #6. Notice though the beast (AC kingdom) "is not" while Rome "is". Rev 17 proves conclusively that it was not Rome. The 7th is after the 6th (Rome). The Ottoman Empire defeated Rome around 1500 AD becoming the 7th. The 8th is the AC not the 6th. Notice Rev 17:11 says the beast that "was" and "is not" (during John's time). Rev 17:11 tells us that Rome was not the beast. The 7th is also not the beast. Revived Rome is the 7th according to RRE. We know that to be false because the Ottoman was #7.

Peace,
Seeker

Hi Seeker, you need to re-read that scripture again. For one thing, if the Ottoman Empire was the 7th King then how can over 500 years of Ottoman rule (1299 to 1922) be considered a short space? You also have to find 10 heads that come out of the Ottoman empire and that negates your theory.

"and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

Almost 99% of all bible prophecy teachers will tell you and agree that the 7 kings or seven heads are what I listed above. The Seventh being the European Union and the 8th being the Antichrist.

The theory on who or what mystery Babylon is, remains a mystery.

1. Roman Church
2. N.Y.
3. UN
4. United States
5. Islam

...are just some of the theories and my pick is 1. based on what I believe scripture points too.

Re 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
RickA

Postby RickA on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:09 pm

Who is this Mystery woman?

Europa

Mary

Statue at the Vatican

What does history tell us in the scriptures... look close.

Jer 44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
18 But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.
19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
20 ¶ Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him that answer, saying,
21 The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and came it not into his mind?
22 So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.
23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.
24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:
25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
26 Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth.
27 Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them.
28 Yet a small number that escape the sword shall return out of the land of Egypt into the land of Judah, and all the remnant of Judah, that are gone into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, shall know whose words shall stand, mine, or theirs.
29 And this shall be a sign unto you, saith the LORD, that I will punish you in this place, that ye may know that my words shall surely stand against you for evil:
30 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will give Pharaohhophra king of Egypt into the hand of his enemies, and into the hand of them that seek his life; as I gave Zedekiah king of Judah into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, his enemy, and that sought his life.

Jer 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?
20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.
21 ¶ Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.
27 Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee.
28 But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the LORD their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.
29 ¶ Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
30 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.
31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.
32 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place.
33 And the carcases of this people shall be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall fray them away.
34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.

and the abomination of desolation placed in the temple along with the antichrist is...(compare from above scriptures, look close)

Mr 13:14 ¶ But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Da 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Re 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

RickA

Postby Seeker on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:38 am

Hi Rick A,

Oh I have read it many times...Now let's look at the scripture again...

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The beast that was is the 8th not the 7th. A revived Rome will not work, that would only be 7. You would need a Revived Revived Rome to make 8.

Rome=6
Ottoman=7
Antichrist=8

Peace,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

USA..Babylon

Postby Snlehm33 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Crmann...came across your thread today while glancing over FP board as I usualy daily do. (How can I not do that daily? LOL) Struck me. This morning in my quiet time I read all those scriptures concenring Babylon and its fall in Revelation not even knowing that tonight I would stumble upon your thread on this. Amazing how GOD confirms things. I kept reading them and cross refrencing the verses and it just struck me as clear as day that Babylon is America. GOD just gave it to me as clear as day. .. and somehow...either through huge natural diaster(aka Yellowstone volcano or earthquake or both) or nuke by a terrorist(s) or Russia/China/Iran...America will be judged by GOD. I cannot begin to tell you the witness I had with what you said and I had not even read your post yet. and the witness I had was that it is very SOON. In light of the upcoming peace confrence where we may be assisting in dividing Israel's land against GOD's ways for Israel and in light of abortions, removing GOD and christianity from it seems every aspect of our society, our immorality and materalism where things and people are our gods it seems only fit that America (Babylon) is heading for destruction and the world will tremble when it happens to us in one hour! It will be so trumatic and utterly shocking to the world as the bible describes. What a power vaccum will be left when we are gone. Enter AC and EU and Gog/Magog. No one to defend Israel. ..of course GOD got her back. Thanks again for sharing and may GOD bless you always and the wonderful believers on this board.
Love in Christ, Shawn
Snlehm33
Supporting Member

Postby Triton57 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:24 pm

Seeker wrote:Hi Rick A,

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The beast that was is the 8th not the 7th. A revived Rome will not work, that would only be 7. You would need a Revived Revived Rome to make 8.

Rome=6
Ottoman=7
Antichrist=8

The beast is the eighth of the seven before. I believe they are laid out through history and Rome is the 6th and the WEU is the 7th with the 10 horns/toes from Daniel representing the fourth kingdom.

So the 8th kingdom is the post-AoD version of the 7th kingdom we are seeing building today.

I agree with RickA's presentation of the woman riding the beast. Still watching though...
Last edited by Triton57 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Postby Douggg on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:59 am

Triton57 wrote:
Seeker wrote:Hi Rick A,

Rome=6
Ottoman=7
Antichrist=8

The beast is the eighth of the seven before. I believe they are laid out through history and Rome is the 6th and the WEU is the 7th with the 10 horns/toes from Daniel representing the fourth kingdom.

So the 8th kingdom is the post-AoD version of the 7th kingdom we are seeing building today.

I agree with RickA's presentation of the woman riding the beast. Still watching though...

Triton, on your schematic you show 7 kings of 7 kingdoms and then in the circle reference Daniel 7:7. However, Daniel 7 only speaks of 4 kingdoms and 4 kings, not seven.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Sincerely,

Doug L.
Douggg

Postby Triton57 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Douggg wrote:Triton, on your schematic you show 7 kings of 7 kingdoms and then in the circle reference Daniel 7:7. However, Daniel 7 only speaks of 4 kingdoms and 4 kings, not seven.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Hey Douggg, thanks for the heads-up! I decided to change the schematic to eliminate confusion.

Daniel 7:4-7 speaks to four kingdoms, leaving out the first two of the seven heads. As with the statue of Daniel 2, the final two kingdoms are linked containing the same metal, iron. So too is the Rome of Christ's time and the revived Roman Empire of today connected. Daniel 9:26 further confirms this connection by connecting the man that will confirm the covenant with many for one week in Daniel 9:27 as the future prince of the Roman Empire that destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

My take as of my current understanding is that the seven heads are historic kings of previous kingdoms connected to Israel in conflict over time. I believe Daniel 7 focuses on not all seven heads, but begins with Babylon through to Roman influence in two parts but focused primarily on the seventh head with the 10 horns.

In the chart, I began by trying to define the beast from the sea in terms of current events and so for us in this time at the end, Daniel 7:7 represents the beast from the sea as the previous heads are now history. However, I think the updated chart is more accurate as to the placement of Daniel 7:7 under Rome I & II.

There are some beliefs that these four represent modern kingdoms and I am still looking into that, if anyone has any good presentations of this view, I'm interested. There are some parallels with the lion and the story of Nebuchadnezzar, the leopard with four wings representing the four generals of Alexander the Great, etc. that lead me to hold my view currently, but that's changed before based on evidence so I'm open since I'm after the Truth. Thanks again!
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Postby Mrs. B on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Daniel 8:19.....And he said, Behold I will Make Thee KNOW what shall be in the last end....LAST END....OF THE INDIGNATION;
FOR AT THE TIME APPOINTED THE END SHALL BE.....

20....The Ram which thou sawest having Two Horns are the Kings of Media and Persia.......(Iran and Iraq)

21.....And the Rough Goat is the King of Grecia:
and the Great Horn that is between his eyes is the First King...

22.....Now that being Broken, whereas Four stood up for it....
Four Kingdoms shall sand up out of the Nation, but Not in His Power....

23......And in the LATTER TIME Of their Kingdom, when the TRANSGRESSORS are come to the full

(when our sins are full)......like in the days of Noah

A King of fierce countenance, and Understanding Dark Sentences, Shall Stand Up.....(the A/c)

24.....And His Power Shall be Mighty,
But not by his own Power: (satan's power)
and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall PROSPER, and Practise,
and shall Destroy the Mighty and the Holy People....(the Church)

25.....And Through His Policy also....He shall cause CRAFT to Prosper in His hand;
and he shall Magnify Himself in His heart, and by Peace SHALL DESTROY MANY.....:

And by Peace.......shall destroy many?????
what does that make you think of......almost unthinkable...

He shall also stand up against the Prince of Princes;
but He shall be Broken......With Out Hand....

He shall stand against Jesus when he returns.....and be broken with out hand.....By Jesus Spoken Word shall he be Destroyed......The Sword of His Mouth......

The Mystery Now Worketh......
II Thess 2:7....For the Mystery of Iniquity doth already Work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.....

8....And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall Consume.....WITH the Spirit of His MOUTH, and shall Destroy with the Brightness of His Coming:

9.....Even Him....Whose coming is after the working of Satan with ALL Power and signs and Lying Wonders.....

Rev.17:5.......The Mystery Babylon...
And upon her fore head was a name written.....
MYSTERY BABYLON The Great, The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth.......

Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots.....The Catholic Church and all her off springs.......The churches that still hold to her unfaithfulness.....

6......And I saw the woman Drunken with the blood of the Saints....and with the Blood of the Martyrs of Jesus:

The World Systems are Babylon and and the World Religious System is also Babylon....hand and hand.....through all the world.....Come out of Her saith the Lord....and be ye saperate.....Jesus is calling us out of the World and Religious Babylon Systems...

Rev. 18:4.....And I heard another voice from heaven, saying....
COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, THAT YE BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YE RECEIIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.....

The World system......The mark of the Beast......
God is also calling us out of this world system....and Live a saperated life.....a Holy life.....A peciular people...A Holy Nation.....when we are born again....we enter into the Kingdom of God....
The Kingdom of God is alive and well today.....You must Live by Faith...Faith in Him Jesus.....and total Trust in Him....He is Alive and Well..ONly Trust in His Name....and He will make Himself know to each one of us....

This World system and religious systems are going to be destroyed.....We will Live in the Kingdom of God....A Kingdom of Righteousness.......Where Jesus is King.......and Peace rules and reigns....

When we are born again....we are Translated into the Kingdom of God...Jesus came Preaching....The Kingdom of God is at Hand......
Look Up....for your redemption draweth near.....

bb
Mrs. B

Postby El Gallo on Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Looking at what we have before us, it is either the EU or Islam. Nonetheless, the AOC shows that they lean on each other, and so time will tell which is the AC empire. I for one, switched to Islam about a year ago (without prompting from anyone, and oblivious that I was not alone). Still, the makeup of the EU, Recommendation 666, etc. make me pause. My belief is that Europe will go Islamic rather quickly. But again, time will tell.

As to whether America is Babylon, that name, like the name "Sodom," can mean a place and a system. In Revelation it means both. Additionally it can well mean more than one place. New York could clearly be a candidate, but so could the Arabian Penninsula. Guess what, time will tell!
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby Schmize on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:46 am

Typically, every time this topic is discussed all eyes fall to the Roman Cathiolic church. Same pictures same words.

I only scanned the posts...mostly because I know there is nothing new in them.

BUT has anyone read or even made an attempt to understand the Alngel's description of what the water's are and the seven hills are?

probably not.

AS for me It is a MYSTERY.

glen
Schmize

Postby Mrs. B on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm

The Great Whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev. 17:1......And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven Vials,
and talked with me,
saying unto me, Come Hither;
I Will Show unto thee the Judgment of the Great Whore
that Sitteth upon many Waters:

15.....And he saith unto me....
The WATERS Which thou sawest....
Where the Whore Sitteth,
Are Peoples, and Multitudes, and Nations and Tongues.....

Waters Represents peoples, multitudes, and nations and tongues.....
all over the world.......

16......And the Ten Horns which thou sawest upon the Beast,

These Shall Hate the Whore,
and Shall Make her desolate and Naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn
her with Fire.....

The Whore is.....Is Babylon the Great, The Mother of Harlots and the Abominations of the Earth.....
It is the False Religious Systems.....The Mother and Her Daughters.....
The Daughters.....who came out of the whore.......
Protestion churches? who bring the ways of the mother with them....

Jesus is the Head of the Church....Not Man
Not man's organizations......
Jesus is the Head........and we are the Body of Christ....and His Holy Spirit leads us and guides us into all Truth....We Follow Him by the Spirit that he has given us the Church...The True Believers....Those that Follow only Jesus and His Teaching......

The Beast shall hate the Whore....the false church

17......FOR GOD HAT PUT IN THEIR HEARTS(The ten Horns to hate the whore) TO FULFILL HIS WILL.....
The whore is a substitute for the Truth.....The True Bride of Christ....
The False churches......and the ten horns will fulfill His...God's will by making her Babylon desolate......

and to agree,
and give their Kingdom unto the Beast...
until the words of God shall be Fulfilled.....
This is Church Judgment....Judgment shall begin at the House of God.....First

This is why....Jesus said....Come Out from among Her....and be ye saperate saith the Lord....that ye be not partakers of her sin....

18....And the woman which thou sawest is that Great City, which reigneth over the Kings of the Earth.....America???

17:12.....And the Ten Horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no Kingdom as yet;
But receive Power at Kings One Hour with the Beast.

13....These have One Mind,
and shall Give their Power and Strength unto the Beast....

14....These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall over come them:
for He is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings:
and they that are with Him are Called and Chosen and Faithful.....

Daniel11:29.....At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south;
but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter....

30.....For the Ships of Chittim shall come against him:
Therefore He (a/c or Beast) shall be grieved, and return, and have
Indignation Against the Holy Covenant (those that are True to Jesus)
so shall he do;
He shall even return, and Have Intelligence with them.....that Forsake the Holy Covenant.....(false Christians...that have forsaked Jesus)

31.....And Arms shall stand on His Part, and they shall Pollute the Sanctuary of Strength, and shall take away the Daily Sacrifice, and they shall place the Abomination that Maketh Desolate...

32....And Such as do
Wickedly Against the Covenant shall He Corrupt by Flatteries:
BUT.....THE PEOPLE THAT DO KNOW THEIR GOD SHALL BE STRONG AND DO EXPLOITS.....

33.....And they that understand among the people shall instruct many:
Yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity and by spoil, many days.......

bb
Mrs. B

Postby qb0987 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 am

El Gallo wrote:Looking at what we have before us, it is either the EU or Islam. Nonetheless, the AOC shows that they lean on each other, and so time will tell which is the AC empire. I for one, switched to Islam about a year ago (without prompting from anyone, and oblivious that I was not alone). Still, the makeup of the EU, Recommendation 666, etc. make me pause. My belief is that Europe will go Islamic rather quickly. But again, time will tell.

I was also into the RCC baggage. But my encounter with Islam and studies of Islam for the past twenty years forced me to revisit this issue from scratch.

I now consider Eurabia to be of much higher possibility. Some news coming out of Eurabia makes one shudder at the prospects:

http://al-mahdi.atspace.com/news/eurabia.html

And the AoC simply just plays the European subjugation card all the time. More than half of the core group of AoC are Muslim and their sympathizers.

As to whether America is Babylon, that name, like the name "Sodom," can mean a place and a system. In Revelation it means both. Additionally it can well mean more than one place. New York could clearly be a candidate, but so could the Arabian Penninsula. Guess what, time will tell!

agree.
qb0987

Postby dshemjo on Fri May 02, 2008 6:30 am

If you believe Gog of Ezek 38-39 is the antichrist, as I do, it makes his origin easy--Mechech and Tubal: Turkey. Interesting how big a part Turkey is playing as mediator between Israel and Syria right now, and it appears to be only a part of Turkey's ambitions to bring peace to the middle east. "The end of all things is near"--1 Peter 4

As for the topic at hand, I don't see enough proof to say NYC is Babylon the great. It would seem off-track with the rest of scripture, since most all of the Bible prophecies are about Israel and its surrounding nations, the middle east, as we call it. America may not even be here at the time of the end. But that's ok, because my family does not pledge our allegiance to any kingdom of this world. We pledge our allegiance to the kingdom of Christ and of God, as I pray you all do.
dshemjo

Postby Mrs. B on Sat May 03, 2008 3:42 pm

The only reason.....possibly..... America could be Mystery Babylon....
We are the only Country that has been Called A Christian Nation....

We name the Name of Christ.....but we are guilty of Great Sin....

Paul wrote....
II Thess. 2:7.....For the Mystery of Iniquity doth already work:

John Wrote...
Rev.17:5.....And upon her forehead was a name written,
MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
and the Abominations of the Earth...

The woman is called a mother of harlots?

Rev. 18:4.....And I heard another VOICE from Heaven,
Saying.......Come Out of Her ....MY PEOPLE,
THAT You be not Partakers of Her Sins,
and that Ye Receive Not of Her Plagues.....

A Voice......calling Christian people to come out from her.....

A nation? A Church?

5......For Her sins have reached unto Heaven, and God hath Remembered her Iniquities....

Could it Mean the World.....the ways of the world?

Could it mean False Churches?....False teaching?

Jesus said.....Follow Me......
Peter....you Follow Me.....don't worry about John...

Jesus is calling Us Out......to follow Him.....and His Teachings..
Not mans....

bb
Mrs. B

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 pm

If mystery babylon is NYC then what is the mystery?
extravagantchristian

Previous

Return to Prophecy Debate Area