Indonesia raises alert status on Java volcano

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Indonesia raises alert status on Java volcano

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:41 am

JAKARTA (AFP) - Indonesian scientists stepped up the alert level for a volcano in East Java and told people to stay away from the crater amid fears it is building up to an eruption.

The alert for Mount Kelut was raised to the third of a four-level warning system, the vulcanology office website said Sunday.

Link
AndCanItBe

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks ACIB! I have been watching this region for a few weeks now. It has sure shown the makings of something building up big!
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Tevye on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:54 am

Anyone have the earthquake, etc. monitor site link?

Indonesian volcano poised to erupt
By NINIEK KARMINI, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian authorities on Tuesday ordered the evacuation of nearly 30,000 people from the rumbling slopes of Mount Kelud, warning of an imminent eruption from the volcano that killed thousands in 1919.

All people living within six miles of the 5,679-foot peak must evacuate, and authorities began transporting some out of the danger zone, said Surono, a top scientist at the government-run volcanology center who uses only one name.

Kelud has been rumbling for weeks, and it was placed on the highest alert level, meaning scientists believe a major eruption is imminent, according to the center's Web site.

One of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia, it last erupted in 1990 and is located on Java island, about 385 miles east of the capital, Jakarta,

During a 1919 eruption, it destroyed about 100 villages and killed 5,160 people.

The volcano's explosive activity typically starts with a steam explosion — when surfacing magma meets ground water. Such eruptions produce hot mud flows, pyroclastic surges and flows.

Evacuation orders at Indonesian volcanoes are often haphazardly enforced. Without compensating farmers for loses to crops or livestock, it is difficult to force them to leave their villages. Another worry for homeowners is thieves targeting empty properties.

Indonesia sits on the so-called Pacific "Ring of Fire" — a series of volcanoes and fault lines stretching from the Western Hemisphere through Japan and Southeast Asia
Tevye

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:57 am

Here is a good volcano link, updated daily
http://www.intlvrc.org/

Earthquake monitoring site here
http://tsunami.geo.ed.ac.uk/local-bin/q ... pt/home.pl
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby RomaLynnStar on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:22 pm

How close is this one to Krakatoa, or the new Krakatoa that has come back up, which surprised all of the people that it came back up out of the ocean????

Will have to look that up. Poor people, I saw on the news ticker tape thing, that they did not want to evacuate because the farmers wanted to stay with their crops and livestock.

They have no help from government if someone comes in and destroys things etc. That is I mean, if they evacuate and nothing happens.

However, it is certainly tough, maybe they do not totally trust their government either.
RomaLynnStar

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:08 pm

:praying: :praying: :praying:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby RomaLynnStar on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:32 pm

I guess this volcano is still hanging on, boy it is kind of sad, because if they told me our Mt Rainier was going to erupt and evacuated me, I guess I am so dumb I would just want it to go ahead and blow.

Sort of wierd thinking I know. But the telling you and then just waiting around has to be terrible for those that live there.
RomaLynnStar

Postby RomaLynnStar on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 am

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/10/19/thousands_evacuated_as_volcano_threatens/3996/

This is the latest on this one. Now they are using armed forces to force the villagers to leave, as they still feel the threat of eruption is imminent.
RomaLynnStar

Postby AndCanItBe on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:02 am

Yikes! Thanks for keeping up with this guys.
AndCanItBe

Postby bchandler on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:13 am

What is interesting is what appears to be a sudden drop in seizmic activity...

Either it is backing down... or the tension has reached the breaking point... and what they are seeing is just a brief lul before all hell breaks loose...

Wish there was more info to go on... like if they are still seeing uplift despite the drop in earthquakes.
bchandler

Postby Lookfortruth on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 am

They are concerned about the reduced seismic activity, but the big concern is the lake temps rising, and apparently the lake has exploded in the past.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby RomaLynnStar on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:21 am

I just saw on History Channel, last night they were showing the lake where the carbon dioxide exploded out of it, do not remember where, but anyway the lava was underneath, and that gas killled so many people.

They did not even know that a lake could do this until then, they said. Very ineresting.
RomaLynnStar

Postby bchandler on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:24 am

It's called overturn.... and basically it releases massive quantities of trapped CO2... which is heavier than air, travels along the ground... and suffocates every living thing...
bchandler

Postby RomaLynnStar on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:28 am

Do you guys think this is all a part of the earth also being subjected to decay because of sin entering the world by Adam, as Romans says.

And that the creation is groaning in eager expectation of the adoption of the sons of God.

Romans 8

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.

Those birth pangs again, or travail. Anyway I have wondered this rather than thinking all of this stuff is judgment to certain places.
RomaLynnStar

Postby bchandler on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:33 am

Creation groaning.. yes... but...

Volcanoes have been going off for a very long time... and there are apparently several eruptions every year...

Before I would start calling it part of the birth pangs.. it would have to be a pretty seriously supernaturally catastrophic eruption, or I would be expecting to see an unprecedented number of eruptions...

Like a whole bunch of volanoes waking up and going off at the same time...

Somehow... I expect the "birth pangs" to be somewhat more spectacular...
bchandler

Postby AndCanItBe on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:37 am

Volcanoes, in part, could also be God's answer to global warming. I've been reading up on volcanic winter. Since it's not a man-made phenomenon, it probably doesn't have a man-made answer.

Most recently, the 1991 explosion of Mount Pinatubo, another stratovolcano, in the Philippines cooled global temperatures for about 2-3 years, interrupting the trend of global warming which had been evident since about 1970. [4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter
AndCanItBe

Return to SIGNS