On Mary, Mother of God

News about humankind's turning from God.

On Mary, Mother of God

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:34 pm

On Mary, Mother of God

"This Woman Is Very Close to Us and Helps Us"

[excerpt]
From the title "Mother of God" are drawn all the other titles with which the Church honors Mary, but this one is the fundamental title. We think of the privilege of the "Immaculate Conception," of being, that is, immune from sin from the moment of her conception: Mary was preserved from every stain of sin because she had to be the Mother of the Redeemer. The same goes for the title "Assumed": she who gave birth to the Savior could not be subjected to the corruption that comes from original sin. And we know that all these privileges are not given to distance Mary from us, but on the contrary to make her more near; in fact, being totally with God, this Woman is very close to us and helps us as mother and sister. Even the unique and unrepeatable place that Mary has in the community of believers derives from this fundamental vocation of being the Mother of the Redeemer. Precisely as such, Mary is also the Mother of the Mystical Body of Christ, which is the Church. Justly, then, during the Second Vatican Council, on November 21, 1964, Paul VI solemnly attributed to Mary the title of "Mother of the Church."

http://www.zenit.org/article-21416?l=english
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby crmann on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi, Abiding, If you feel I am hijacking your thread... give me the boot...

In reading On Mary, Mother of God

"This Woman Is Very Close to Us and Helps Us"

From VATICAN CITY, JAN. 6, 2008 The address Benedict XVI gave at the general audience Jan. 2, held in Paul VI Hall.

I can only see false worship and apostasy. I cannot help but connect this infactuation with Mary, the mother of Jesus, with the honor given her by the Muslim peoples.

Many people may be surprised that Muslims love Mary, the mother of Jesus. In the Quran, no woman is given more attention than Mary. Mary receives the most attention of any woman mentioned in the Quran even though all the Prophets with the exception of Adam had mothers. Of the Quran’s 114 chapters, she is among the eight people who have a chapter named after them. The nineteenth chapter of the Quran is named after her, Mariam. Mariam is Mary in Arabic. The third chapter in the Quran is named after her father, Imran. Chapters

Mariam and Imran are among the most beautiful chapters in the Quran. Mary (peace be upon her) is the only woman specifically named in the Quran. An authentic Haddith states that the Prophet said, “The superiority of ‘Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh.” (Bukhari 4.643).

Indeed, both Mary and Pharoah’s wife are an example (Quran 66:11-12). The Virgin Mary plays a very significant role in Islam. She is an example and a sign for all people.

This being the case, this one common thread between the Catholic Church and the religion of the Muslims will, in my thinking, be the common bond to bring these two religions together as one.
crmann

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:35 pm

crmann wrote:This being the case, this one common thread between the Catholic Church and the religion of the Muslims will, in my thinking, be the common bond to bring these two religions together as one.

I agree with you, crmann. She seems to be the common thread. Strange.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Brother Philip on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
crmann wrote:This being the case, this one common thread between the Catholic Church and the religion of the Muslims will, in my thinking, be the common bond to bring these two religions together as one.

yes they both regard Mary in high honors
Brother Philip

Postby stevesherri on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:00 am

Brother Philip wrote:
Abiding in His Word wrote:

yes they both regard Mary in high honors

Mary, the woman riding the Beast ??

It makes perfect sense intellectually, but it seems so ....wrong....in a gut sense.
stevesherri
Supporting Member

Mary

Postby Einston on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 am

Hallo guys..

In Bible prophecy, a woman represents a Church. So if you read about a woman in revelation, you can substitue the word Church. A virgin woman is God's Church and a whore is the apostate church. Trying to substitute Mary for the harlot of Revelation is a fundamental mistake.

There is more in common between the muslims and the RCC than most people are aware of. If you travel in the muslim countries, you will be surprised to find a Catholic church right next to almost every important mosque.. In a way, the RCC and the muslims are working towards the same aim... Keeping those that are lost lost and trying to deceive even the very elect. When the time comes, the Muslims will joint forces with the Pope. The muslim elete reads a different version of the Q'ran than the one available to everybody else.
Einston

Re: Mary

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:20 am

Einston wrote:When the time comes, the Muslims will joint forces with the Pope.

Hi Einston,

A historic meeting is already planned between the two:

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=35148
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby IRQ Conflict on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:58 am

Hmmm, the queen of heaven. Indeed.

Jer 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
IRQ Conflict

Postby OBXBob on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:29 am

:wavewelcome: IRQ Conflict!

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby nonymouse on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 am

Welcome, IRQ Conflict.

Blessings,
nonymouse
Supporting Member

Postby IRQ Conflict on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 am

Thanks for the welcome! Whatsup?
Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
IRQ Conflict

Postby crmann on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 am

Thanks for the welcome! Whatsup?

A whole lot of things, IRQ Conflict...

Whatsup in your world these days?

BTW, :wavewelcome: :wavewelcome:

Blessings, from The Old Timer
crmann

Postby IRQ Conflict on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:57 pm

...too much of not enough. :grin:
IRQ Conflict

Postby crmann on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm

IRQ Conflict wrote:
...too much of not enough.

Me thinks this be an oxymoron?

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Return to Apostasy Watch