Purpose-Driven and Emergent Merge at Conference

News about humankind's turning from God.

Purpose-Driven and Emergent Merge at Conference

Postby Final Trumpet on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

:eek:

The Watcher’s Lamp blog reports on the merging of Rick Warren’s Purpose-Driven church movement and the emerging church at a conference at the 2008 National New Church Conference. It was a brilliant strategy: Get an arterial system to thousands of evangelical churches in America established through the Purpose Driven campaigns. Develop thousands of pastor-followers of Rick Warren. Then move from the circus church/seeker church model to the ultimate goal, the emerging church with Rick Warren as Pied Piper. When you look at the contents of the plenary sessions, it’s plain where all of this is going. Note especially the “spiritual disciplines” that are a key component addressed in the sessions. That’s the contemplative spirituality we’ve been warning about for years.

Full Article
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby Final Trumpet on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 am

I would have thought that this would have had some reaction here. The merging of the emergent church and purpose driven. Next stop, merging with the other religions and the RCC. Then setting up their savior, the anti-christ.

Sadly, Andy Stanley is part of this too.

http://www.exponentialconference.org/
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Postby Swayde on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:44 am

I never knew there was a difference between Purpose Driven churches and Emergent churches to be honest.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby chatty-kathi on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:56 am

It's posted here in the AOC/Beast section: http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=38024. It's hard to decide where to post things, as the apostasy in the church is part of the end time religious system.

I have been waiting for this to come out in the open! I agree with you, this is huge! I studied it until 1:30 a.m. when it came out.

I love Ingrid at Slice. She tells it like it is. The foundation has been set in place for this false church, and Rick Warren is the Pied Piper. That reminds me of a picture of Rick Warren as a Pied Piper, leading the sheep astray, that can be seen at http://www.inplainsite.org/html/rick_wa ... w_age.html.

As Ingrid points out, spiritual formation is the vehicle that unites the false church with the New Age Movement. In an article at Lighthouse Trails called Emerging Spirituality: Joining the New Age with Christendom, we read:

No one group understands emerging spirituality as much as those in the New Age. That's because it is their religion. So when the evangelical emerging church movement rose to the forefront, New Agers must have found it quite intriguing and most likely rewarding to see their belief system finally take root in Christendom.

In the book, As Above, So Below, written by Ronald S. Miller and the editors of New Age Journal, the authors appropriately name the first chapter "The Emerging Spirituality." Now some may say, "Oh, they might call it that, but it isn't the same as the Emerging Church ala McLaren, Kimball, Pagitt, etc. That's an entirely different ball game." Well, let's take a look at this chapter in the New Age book. The chapter, "The Emerging Spirituality" starts off with a story about Jesus and Moses. That would certainly throw a few people--only Christians talk about Jesus, right? The book then quotes New Ager Joan Borysenko who explains the significance of the story they relate:

Like the Jesus of this story, ... many of us lose touch with our own indwelling Divine nature-the unlimited creative potential of love the real Jesus assured us could literally move mountains.

The book goes on to say that the problem with most people is they have forgotten who they really are, don't know their purpose or reason for existing and just need to reach higher to grasp their utmost potential. It sounds just like some of our most popular evangelical leaders. And like many emerging church leaders, the book says we need to get away from "automatized programs" and have a wake up call. The book tells us that this "wake up call" comes in the form of the metaphysical (mysticism), the "esoteric core of all the world's spiritual traditions." This mirrors what Rick Warren (who promotes the emerging church and its spirituality) said in his book, the Purpose Driven Church, where he praised the "Spiritual Formation" movement which he sees as God's way of bringing "believers to full maturity." Warren said that the movement had a "valid message for the church" and gave "the body of Christ a wake-up call" (pp. 126-127). The problem is that the Spiritual Formation movement draws on the same mystical techniques as found in the New Age movement, (eg., mantras breath prayers). In Warren's book, he touts Richard Foster and Dallas Willard as icons of the Spiritual Formation movement. When Warren said maturity, it implies that the church has been immature because of it's lack of mystical deficiency. At other times Rick Warren has stated that his "new reformation," an idea that New Agers share, would incorporate those from different religious traditions. Warren may use the name of Jesus often, but the overall concept implies that faith in Jesus is not really necessary to bring peace into the world, and this is exactly the thing that the New Age teaches.”
chatty-kathi

Postby El Gallo on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 am

I don't know guys. Understand I have too much background watching cock sure predictions which are completely wrong, to be dogmatic. But I believe the upshot of all of these developments is simply to demoralize, weaken and marginalize the old robust Christianity. I do not see any new/syncretistic religion suddenly rising up and taking a skeptical world by storm. If not, then what?

Well, there is one religion which, unlike the others, continues to grow, remains conservative (if not getting more so), and has been aggressive since its inception: Islam. Islam will not conquer peopel's hearts, just there persons. 1.3 billion soldiers await only the word of their miracle-working Mahdi.
What I say to you I say to everyone: Watch MK 13:37
El Gallo

Postby runner4jesus on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:30 pm

:a3: :a3: FINAL TRUMPET: The merging of the emergent church and purpose driven. Next stop, merging with the other religions and the RCC. Then setting up their savior, the anti-christ.

This is exactly where all this is headed and we better keep our eyes open. That anti-christ system is forming from many quarters, and Christians are falling right into the trap. Many may be counterfeit Christians in the net also. The RCC is working hard to unite all religions and bring everyone into the fold. This is all in God's plan for the end-times. But we shouldn't be blind to what is going on right before our eyes. It all looks and sounds so appealing.

Isaiah 54:14-15 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

v.15 BEHOLD, THEY SHALL SURELY GATHER TOGETHER, BUT NOT BY ME: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for they sake.

:armor:
PROCLAIMING THE TRUTH (see profile) John 17:17 Sanctify (set apart) them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
runner4jesus

From Redeemed

Postby redeemed1953 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:53 pm

:armor:

Birds of a feather flock together.

:a3:
I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Return to Apostasy Watch