Rome's Exorcist Gives Inside Look at Devil

News about humankind's turning from God.

Rome's Exorcist Gives Inside Look at Devil

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Excerpt:

Our Lady

The exorcist confirmed that Satan's great foe is the Virgin Mary.

He explained: "On one occasion an exorcist friend of mine asked the devil what most hurts him about Our Lady, what most annoys him. He responded, 'That she is the purest of all creatures and that I am the filthiest; that she is the most obedient of all creatures and that I am the most rebellious; that she is the one who committed no sin and thus always conquers me.'"

Father Amorth affirmed that on some occasions, God forces the Prince of Lies to tell the truth, however, the devil's main struggle is to make man fall into sin.

"To lead man towards evil is to make him fall into sin; this is the devil's preferred activity and we are all subject to it from our birth until our death."

According to Father Amorth, Mary is a key figure in the fight against the devil's tricks, especially since she herself was tempted: "Mariology is my field and I have often been asked if Mary was tempted by the devil. Definitely. When? From her birth until her death. But she always triumphed."

http://www.zenit.org/article-22264?l=english

:eek:
Last edited by Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Crazy.
Salty Skipper

Postby kids on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm

sadly, mom Very Catholic mother truly believes this. There is nothing I can say, show her or do that will change her belief and devotion to Mary.

Sister in Christ,
nancy
kids

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:04 pm

My mom was devoted also, Nancy.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby kids on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 pm

My brother is a new believer and he gets so frustrated with her. I try and explain that it is only God and His word that can change her heart and mind. I tell him to focus on our God and bring up His Word often it has the power to divide the truth from the lies. I do that often in conversations with her. She reminds me of a character in the book "The Pilgrims Progress" Mr. Talkative- He loves to talk about all things religion, but when hardpressed with the truth he quickly retreats from conversation. That is so like my mom. It's hard not to get argumentative and judgemental, but Praise God He is patient (lol I am not) and His desire is for none to perish, so I leave her in His hands.

Abiding, thank you...It is hard when our loved ones eyes are blinded and hearts hardened to the truth.

Sister in Christ,
Nancy
kids

Postby brandon on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 am

You could always point out Mark 3, where Jesus' relatives said He was out of His mind and tried to take Him home. Mary and His brothers were with them.
brandon

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:00 am

brandon, nice to see you posting again!

:hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Rome's Exorcist Gives Inside Look at Devil

Postby ruotsher on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:Excerpt:

Our Lady

The exorcist confirmed that Satan's great foe is the Virgin Mary.

He explained: "On one occasion an exorcist friend of mine asked the devil what most hurts him about Our Lady, what most annoys him. He responded, 'That she is the purest of all creatures and that I am the filthiest; that she is the most obedient of all creatures and that I am the most rebellious; that she is the one who committed no sin and thus always conquers me.'"

Father Amorth affirmed that on some occasions, God forces the Prince of Lies to tell the truth, however, the devil's main struggle is to make man fall into sin.

"To lead man towards evil is to make him fall into sin; this is the devil's preferred activity and we are all subject to it from our birth until our death."

According to Father Amorth, Mary is a key figure in the fight against the devil's tricks, especially since she herself was tempted: "Mariology is my field and I have often been asked if Mary was tempted by the devil. Definitely. When? From her birth until her death. But she always triumphed."

http://www.zenit.org/article-22264?l=english

:eek:

No wonder RCC exorcisms rarely if ever work. Even JPII had an exorcism fail. Now you would think that Christ's own *vicar* could certainly effectively rebuke a demon......... :roll:
ruotsher

Postby Blessings2U on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:13 pm

do you really think mary lived a sinless life? That's hard to imagine. I would be more inclined to believe that she lived a forgiven life, just like the rest of us. Even Jesus said all have sinned. I don't believe he was excluding his mother.
Blessings2U

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Blessings2U,

You're right in saying "all" have sinned. If scripture doesn't tell us Mary was sinless, we can't say she was.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rich Kelley on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:16 am

I guess being the father of lies, doesn't count cause Mr. Amorth said so. Thoughts of man, Word of God, lets see, nope sorry Mr. Amorth you loose.
Rich
Jesus is the only way, get over it.
There are 30,000+ denominations/divisions in the body of Christ. Why?
Rich Kelley
Supporting Member

Postby ArmyofGod on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:00 am

Catholicism is just another cult. It gets more attention because it is one of the biggest and oldest, but nothing separates it from the other lies that abound. The "Mary" they speak of is nothing more than a superstitious godess based upon the early mother-son cults of pagan Rome. With even a modest amount of research, it is quite simple to discover the pagan Rome influences on the Catholic religion (the cult of the dead woman). This system represents all that Babylon was and still is.
"Go make disciples of all nations."
ArmyofGod

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:Hi Blessings2U,

You're right in saying "all" have sinned. If scripture doesn't tell us Mary was sinless, we can't say she was.

Scripture tells us that Mary needed a Savior just like the rest of us:

Luke 1:46-47
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

underline/bold added by me

Mary needed a Savior because she was a sinner like us. The only sinless One is the Lord. Period. End of story.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby burch13 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Number 1 issue here with me, is that this guy would take the devil or any unclean spirit for their word.

The Devil is the father of lies and is not capable of speaking the truth, therefore his testimony regarding anything would be pretty much null and void.

And how do the Mary worshipers reconcile her virginity? When we know that she had other children after Jesus?

Blessings,

Burch
burch13

Postby tdye84 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm

I was witnessing to a RC, and he was trying to deny the deity of Christ. I've run into this with a number of them. But doesn't Mary's "deity" hinge on the fact that she was chosen to bring God's human body into the world?
The Five C's of sane living: Chocolate, cheese, coffee, creamer, cheesecake
tdye84

Return to Apostasy Watch